Midwest Aquatics

jhnrb

I recently purchased a sulfur reactor from Midwest Aquatics. I contacted them about several items of interest. I have found them to have excellent customer service, a desire to support their products. Give um a try some time.

lcstorc

Glad you are having a good experience. You should invite them to become a sponsor.
I do have to ask though. What is a sulfur reactor? That is a new one on me.

boozeman

it is easy to think of a sulphur denitrator as a miniature DSB...but instead of relying on a large and deep sand bed to encorage the growth of denitrifying bacteria, Sulfur media is used to create the oxygen deprived space. Water is then passed thru this ''reactor'' and the bacteria consume it. releasing CO2 as a byproduct. This in turn is removed by placing crushed coral as a buffer. These type of reactors are popular in europe where they are mostly used in FOWLR type systems...or to control the initial nitrate spyke that comes from cycling a new tank.

jhnrb

it is easy to think of a sulphur denitrator as a miniature DSB...but instead of relying on a large and deep sand bed to encorage the growth of denitrifying bacteria, Sulfur media is used to create the oxygen deprived space. Water is then passed thru this ''reactor'' and the bacteria consume it. releasing CO2 as a byproduct. This in turn is removed by placing crushed coral as a buffer. These type of reactors are popular in europe where they are mostly used in FOWLR type systems...or to control the initial nitrate spyke that comes from cycling a new tank.

That about sums it up. so if you have or anticipate a chronic nitrate problem this might be one of the ways to address the issue. unlike the units that need to be fed this unit once dialed in is self sufficient.

JulesVane

I realize this is an old thread, but I just purchased a Midwest Aquatic Denitrifier and their website has no phone number as I need to order some media and different items for it. Do you have a # to customer service?