Micro Bubbles in Biocube 29. I hate them.

vsindorf

I have bubbles. I don't know where they come from but they accumulate all over my rocks and I hate them. I can't see any air coming out of my pump...I do have the waterflow disturbing the surface for better gas exchange...could that be it? HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP?!?

(and until it does...what kind of adverse effects are we dealing with here? simple annoyance or any more serious issues?)

Sincerely,
grumpy gills

Silvio

Hi, maybe you can snap a picture of the rocks? It could be just air bubbles from the surface water flow but could be dinoflagellates as well, I already had both :)

Conway Corals

RS Sponsor
Please post a pic, I know it will be hard to get a good one, but it will help a lot.

As far as micro-bubbles accumulating on rock, anytime your power head breaks the surface and pushes a bubble down, it could get caught on the rocks. Also, just because you don't see it, doesn't mean the pump doesn't occasionally blow some bubbles. I used to have a cheap power head that I swear generated it's own air to make bubbles. It was under 8 inches of water and would just periodically throw out a stream of micro bubbles.

If they are bubbles, the only real adverse affect is going to be the possibility of your fish swallowing the air or getting it stuck on their gills. Bad news for them, so I'd try and figure this one out. Can't wait to see pics :)