Michael's Cube Garden

mps9506

Not as a booth. The owner way there.

~Michael

Dang. Wish I could have picked his brain a bit.
Weren't you supposed to be flying to Japan at some point? I'm thinking about going back for Christmas. I'll have to check them out this time for sure.

michael_cb_125

Yes Megan and I are planning a trip to Japan. We are not 100% sure when, but have a few ideas. :)

So Mike, when are you ordering your ADA ;)

~Michael

michael_cb_125

S, now I am considering the stand that this beauty will sit on. I currently have a simple wooden stand that would look ok. But I am really leaning towards that ADA Garden Stand. It is an all metal stand, and has a very industrial/commercial feel to it. I like it. :)

Thi tank may be going into our store's showroom, and if that is the case I think that the metal stand would be perfect. Another nice thing about the stand is the fact that it will match the ATI Powermodule perfectly.
108-5021-2.jpg

Whatcha think

~Michael

mps9506

I like metal stands in general, but I don't really like the look of theirs... Don't ask why, just aesthetics... I doubt you could get a metal stand fabbed up for any cheaper though. That said a custom powdercoated stand could look really awesome... :D

michael_cb_125

I have been looking into skimmers. I have read some great reviews on the DOC nano, and I have read some not so great reviews.

I am now going to toss two other skimmers into the idea kettle.

The ATB Multi

and the

Deltec MCE600

Both of these skimmers are rated far above my tank, and I realize this. But I am going for a Very low nutrient tank :)

~Michael

mps9506

Either would more than suit your needs I think... I kind of think the ATB would take away less from the overall aesthetic of the tank.
I haven't used any of them and the ATB is relatively new, so not much out there on it.

michael_cb_125

I am leaning more towards the Deltec. I think that the ATB would be a heck of a skimmer, but as you said it would be very bulky on the tank>

~Michael

mps9506

I think I would like the look of the ATB better on the tank better than the MCE.
The MCE appears harder to clean to me as well.
Really I doubt you will go wrong with either one and both would do more than a sufficient job on your tank. So... You gotta look at the other factors. Ease of use, noise, etc.

michael_cb_125

I have read reviews on both skimmers, and both get very good ratings. The deltec is supposed to be very easy to maintain, and I like the fact that it cannot overflow. The ATB can overflow. To me, that in itself is enough to make a decision.

~Michael

mps9506

good enough then :) Kinda scary having a hang on skimmer overflow. In sump it isn't much of an issue since it just goes back into the tank. Hang-on's end on the floor...