Married a long time

Paul B

Speaking of anniversaries, last night I went to a very large wedding (just under 400 people) at the SeaPort in Manhattan.

But the wierd thing is that the couple got married in the same church that my 99 year old Mother was married and babtized in. Old Saint Patricks, She even went to the school. It is in Little Italy and celebrating it's 200th anniversary. I thought this is Ironic being I have never been to this church and now that my Mom is close to dying in the Hospital it just seemed like such a coincidence.

Here is the view outside the window of the reception place at the seaport. That is the Manhattan Bridge. Now this is a tourist and restaurant place but when I was a kid my Dad, who owned a fish market would bring me down here to pick up the fish for the store. The fishing boats would dock here at the pier and crane the fresh fish right onto the sidewalk and street where you see those cars under the FDR drive. They would shovel them up and dump them in wooden crates. I loved to play with the giant sea turtles that they used to sell to Asian Markets for soup. I am glad they don't do that anymore.

DanasWedding019.jpg

BoomerD

Wow it seems like yesterday but today is our 36th anniversary

Sorry I missed this. I don't get here very often anymore.

Belated Happy Anniversary from another old ball & chain wearer. We celebrated 34 years this past June.
Who'd have guessed that it would be a life sentence? :ofr:

I tell people all the time (when asked) that I've been married since about the 3rd grade...:yup: