Macro algae in display?

BigJay

cyano can choke out macros. Its not a good idea. When the macros get choked they die compounding the problem.

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
macros are good for controlling other algaes although most keep it in the sump witha light to avoid it becomming a problem as well.

BigJay

Lots of macro choices that are non invasive. Untilthen I have been fraggin some of my macros so if you want to give some a try let me know. I've got codium, 2 forms of gracilaria , red grape that are all good for the DT being slow to moderate growers and very low chance of going sexual. I also have chaeto, ulva and spider for a fuge (I keep mine in the tank in a breeder box , works great but I do have to cull often).

untilthen

ok well im thinking about making a refugium out of plexiglass or acrylic and putting it in my 20 in a small area... u think that would work?

as of now i do have a decent amount of it in the corner of my tank and the cyano is slowly disappearing

BigJay

there are a few companies marketing in tank refugiums. I'd take a look a those to get an idea. They are failry simple but you want to make sure your turning water over through it at the same time keeping the inhabitants from your tank. So the answer is yes , absolutely.Since its in tank ,building your own is a great idea since any chance of leaking is not really an issue. I say go for it.