Macor's RSM 250 build

macor64

trying to decide between Zoas and Zenias. This being my first reef tank, I'd like some success with something easy to care for before I inevitably screw up :)

So the research continues

macor64

new mystery...saw this growing on the side of one of my LRs. It's moving with the water flow, so it's not rigid. Any ideas?

whatisit3.jpgIMAG0355.jpg

I can try for a better picture during the day, if these aren't helpful.

macor64

The Koralia 1400's and smartwave are gone. MP10 and apex modules have arrived :)

mp10w

Vortech_Control.jpgmp10_a.jpgmp10_C.jpg

apex pm1, pm2 and wxm modules hooked up and working nicely

apex_jr.jpgwxm_pm1_pm2.jpg

Still want a second mp10w, which the return on the koralia sale will help to offset the price.

macor64

been programming the apex jr for auto feeding times, mp10 settings and one-button water changes. It's so true what all say about the apex controller! A true aid to automating as much maintenance as possible. enjoying it more than I thought I would. The unofficial apex guide was a real help with this.

macor64

My latest addition, named "Luna" by my daughter. This one seems more aware of people walking by than the clownies, who seem to ignore most of us :)

Luna1.jpgLuna2.jpg

Setragni

Luna is a beauty. Tangs are a little shy at first. She will get used to you.
Great fish and tank. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful tang & torch - great additions - to keep the tang healthy - try to keep some nori hung - they love to graze all day long

And the JBJ ATO with an aqualifter dosing pump:

View attachment 21659

I just installed one of these.. I put the sensor in the right hand sump..

Where did you put yours? What water level are you trying to maintain when looking at that level indicator on the side?

I seem to have to keep it at the top 2 or down at 6 to 7 because there is no fine adjustment with the float sensor..

I try and keep the water level in the main tank right above the acrylic glass part..

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!

Brian

macor64

I set the float switches in the left sump, by that I mean left of the the skimmer and the fine filter. I set my level under the top edge of the tank and adjusted the skimmer using the skimmer gate until I get a good foam level going, then adjusted the float switches accordingly. My level is currently two notches down from the top of level window. Other than filling the fresh water reservoir, my ATO has been fairly maintenance free. Hope that helps.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk