Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

lcstorc

Thanks everybody.
Not sure which one you like Scott but the top one is the Crocea I brought back from MACNA last year. It survived a trip home in checked luggage and is very happy now. The other is my tiny maxima. He was less than an inch when we bought him and now he is up to an inch and a half. There is another crocea we didn't take a pic of this weekend. I think I may have pic fun this weekend so there will possibly be a big update coming.

lcstorc

I fell in love with that one at MACNA as well. It is just plain pretty.
The Maxima is great but I am more happy that I have been able to keep it alive and growing. When I bought it I didn't know how difficult it is to raise them when they are small. Somehow I am doing something right because all 3 are very happy in my tank.

vdituri

You checked your clam through bagcheck? :willis:

That is too funny. "Do you have anything to declare maam?" lol

lcstorc

My husband made me do it. Actually it was the clam and several corals. They were all very carefully packed but yes they were in checked luggage. My husband insisted that this was no worse then what UPS or Fedex would do and in fact the transit time would be shorter. I am just glad they did not lose our luggage. I would have completely lost it if that happened.

lcstorc

Well I finally made my first snowman. Pretty pitiful but I was by myself and it was cooooold.
Saw 2 deer as well but didn't have the camera then.
Snow_New_York_015.jpg

Stacef

Aww!! I love your snowman. Very good for doing it all by yourself. Yesterday, my nieces and nephews and I had a snowball fight, it was PERFECT for packing!! Of course like always, it all started with starting to build a snowman,

tbittner

Great looking snowman, Lynn. I don't suppose you could put together a DIY thread on it....

Where were you when you made that? Up in NY?

lcstorc

Upstate NY. I think it is called Liberty. All I know is that it is where Woodstock was. I'm working with the ampitheater and the museum there.

lcstorc

I fly home Friday evening.
Had a beautiful drive up here this afternoon. Flew into Newark and it was a beautiful day.
As long as I don't have to drive on ice I'll be happy.

lcstorc

I don't like ice I don't like rain and I don't like snow on the side of the road going up and down the mountain. Everything is fine. It was just very difficult and scary for this poor Florida girl.
How do you guys do it? I am in awe.

lcstorc

LOL Hasn't been that bad yet but the place I am doesn't exist on Garmin and when it does find me it sends me over and around the mountain to go about a mile the other way.
Guess I should have come for a visit Sas before I attemted this.
I swear I may have them pic me up in the morning.

tbittner

Places like upstate NY know how to take care of the roads in the winter. You won't have any problems. Seriously. Just calm down and don't think about it and just drive. Drive like your driving in a rain storm in Florida.

Sas.... ROFLMAO!!!!

lcstorc

But this snow is in my way. I can't see anything, and the road is so narrow.
Anyway very scary. Yes the roads are clear but between the ice and the rain and the snow piled up everywhere I am tired of driving.
Now looking at it is incredible. I would love to have taken the same drive as a passenger. It is beautiful.