Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

Amphibious

Lynn

I'm coming up to Cocoa tomorrow late afternoon. It would be doubly nice if I could see you guys.

It is too bad about Ralph going out of business. He and I had done a couple of nice deals together. He's as honest a businessman as you'll find.

What is the name of the new store and where is it?

Dick

lcstorc

But tomorrow is Friday. I have to work. :( All the way in Orlando too.
The store I go to most is The Hidden Reef at 3645 N US HWY 1. He has been an importer for years but now has opened a storefront as well. Nice and clean and well lit. Mostly fish and inverts but he is getting more and more corals.
Sorry I won't get to see you.

Amphibious

I'm not going to be in Cocoa until 5pm and will go to this new store after that. The store owner's name wouldn't happen to be Jim, would it?

Maybe there's a chance we could get together after that? I'll try your cell when I'm at the store.

dick

lcstorc

I'm not going to be in Cocoa until 5pm and will go to this new store after that. The store owner's name wouldn't happen to be Jim, would it?

Maybe there's a chance we could get together after that? I'll try your cell when I'm at the store.

dick

I believe that is one of the owner's names. It gets confusing cause the whole family works there so I really don't know who owns it. I believe one of the guys is Jim though.
I won't be home till about 7 - 7:30 or so but if you're not in a hurry to go home you could stop by and see the tanks.

Amphibious

Thanks Lynn,

I'll see how the time thing plays out and give you a call. I'm picking up a little critter from a BARS member. At the least, I'll give you a call either to come over or on my way home.

great looking tanks Lynn..after a quick buzz threw the thread ..

looks good and again thanks for all your help so far..I can see why Im gonna listen to what ever advice you have for me in the future!....lol

Clint

lcstorc

Thanks for the compliment and I do try to help but keep in mind I have only been doing this a couple of years.
I have read a lot and learned the hard way more than I like to admit but there is a whole lot I am still learning myself.

lcstorc

Everything is fine just super busy. I was thinking the other day about my lack of updates. I promise one soon. Perhaps even tomorrow if my corals behave for me. I have a giant finger leather that was in a pout today so if it is out and pretty tomorrow I will take a bunch of pics and post an update. If not tomorrow then soon.

lcstorc

Well I haven't taken any pics. I am trying to figure out what is going on with my tank. For a while now my finger leather alternates between being fine and being horrible about every 3 days. With a half horrible day inbetween. Now my GSP hasn't opened in 4 days. Everything tests well and all the other corals seem to be fine so I am at a loss. We mixed water for a change on Sunday and will do it tonight in case it is some trace element thing that I am not testing for but the GSP has never done this for more than a day before so I am very perplexed. I am also going to switch out my carbon and Phosban as another possibility. I do have a lot of leathers so I may need new carbon but it is just as easy to replace both.
I'll take pics as soon as everybody is happy again. I promise.
If anybody has any ideas, let me know.

JFK_Jr

PREMIUM
Hi Lynn... hope your knee is doing better.

So I was catching up with your chronicle and I see you haven't posted any pics recently. You asked me for a FTS on my thread, and I complied!

So you leave me no choice! :lol:

Let's hear it everyone!!!

716472191643056pics.gif

lcstorc

Ok small update with larger one coming.
I went to the lfs with Cat yesterday and what did I find. I found a femal to go with my midas blenney. The coloration in significantly different so you can tell the malef from the femals. The males are the gorgeus yellow and orange that we all see. The femal is more muted and almost gray. I'm going to try for pics but right now she is hiding in a rock. I can just barely see her. I don't think either of them know the other exists.
Also on our vacation I am going to go through pictures and post an update of the current inhabitants and how they are doing.