Looking For Someone To Hold My Little Hand......

chunky

I wouldn't worry too much about the 150w frying LPS. If you acclimate them right they should do just fine. I have a number of euphyllias and duncans very high in my tank directly under 150w halides (phoenix 14k with actinics) and they have been doing great. I have acans about half way down the tank dead center and again they are doing great. On the bottom I have blastos, a long tentacled plate, and two bubbles with the bubbles under cover. I think that 150w is perfect for an lps tank. Good luck!

chunky

Also for the cooling problem try going with the clip on fans first. You'll save yourself a lot of money and you'd be suprised how much they can cool a tank. Probably a good idea to have a descent ato also to handle the extra evaporation though. Otherwise go for a 1/10hp chiller if you're really worried.

nikkipigtails

Honestly, with your size tank, I would go with T-5's. MH are designed to light a 2'x2' area. With T-5's you won't have the heat issues you would with MH, you won't have the same energy costs and you won't fry anything that's too high.

BEELZEBOB

thats what i seem to be learnin myself.

any decent 20" individual reflector t5 fixtures out there?