Looking for Coral suggestions

Steve L

My 70 gallon reef tank is about 9 months old progressing nicely. I need to find something good for the peak of my rock structure. Here is a picture of what I have.

I have a deep tank (32 inches) with a high rock structure. The peak is roughly 8 inches below the water surface and naturally it's pretty bright up there being so close to my LED lights. So far I've been going with softies because they're easier to take care of and more tolerant of higher nitrates which are usually between 10-15 ppm. I've avoided most hard corals because of the nitrates, so i need to figure out something that's pretty hardy that can handle bright lights. I was thinking of a toadstool of some kind, but I don't want something that will get huge and shade everything underneath it.

I had a beautiful 5 headed frogspawn up there until I bought some peppermint shrimp to clear out some aiptasia (which worked great by the way) but when they were done with the aiptasia they started in on the frogspawn and I had to move the frogspawn to my daughters tank. So any anemone type critters are out of the question, much to my tomato clowns dismay.

It would be nice to get something with some bright colors other than green. Any suggestions?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Here's a FTS of my tank....
01ff3ea3e93cb386980280274e5048b2_zpsb8e1e452.jpg
[/IMG]
It's mostly ALL LPS corals that are easy to grow. I'd suggest that you look at other RS members tanks and find some corals you like the looks of. I get ideas for what I want doing that :idea:
I was going to suggest Pink Palys or bright Acans. You have a nice tank so far, have fun filling it up ;)

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Oops, I just noticed you want something for the TOP...so Acans won't work for there.
I have the same deal....but I'm saving the top of mine in case I get a couple of SPS corals on down the road.
Tagging along on this thread to see what you decide to put on top. :D