Looking for a skimmer

jfourn

Tank is 75 gallons and using a 29 gallon sump I'm looking for a skimmer ruffly around 300$ and insight on which one I should look at?

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
MSX Extreme 160, Reef Octopus Extreme 160, or Vertex IN-100 are good. The MSX and Octo both have a Sicce pump - you can add the purple pinwheel for 30 bucks and super charge it

mr X

i agree with clownfish518 on the MSX and octo extreme skimmers. i use the MSX 300. it's an excellent value.
i don't have any experience with the vertex.

burning2nd

WOW... me and you are looking for the same thing...

eventho my sump is a 45g breeder

IM looking at Ev-120 from aqua C... I know i know everyone (except the people who own one) is like No dont get that....

But you cant exclude service, from a Co, that cares,

r2d2

I have same configuration 75g tank and 29g sump. I have a AquaC UrchinPro with Mag3 pump. Very nice skimmer.
Greetings

burning2nd

I have same configuration 75g tank and 29g sump. I have a AquaC UrchinPro with Mag3 pump. Very nice skimmer.
Greetings

its weird... my remora nano...(the remora and urchin are the same really)

the nano just being smaller... Runs the best its ever ran in this,

Jake

I also have a 75 gal with similar sump. I have been using the Euro reef RS80. Great quality... great skimmer... no issues.... excellent cust support.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
I had an RS 80 on my tank, worked well, got a Vertex IN100 as a Christmas present. The Vertex was incredible - no comparison between the two

Basile

You can go in the review equipment area and look at different kinds of skimmers and their reviw. I got a recirculating Octo skimmer which mean it skimms twice and its great. Also think about putting a sock at the end of the line, a 1 or 5 micron is good to help your filtration. You need to change the sock every other day, but no worse than the skimmer cup. You wash the sock in the washing machine with no soak of anything. I got 3 socks so i don't have to wash only one at a time. And i don't need to wait for one sock to be washed to replace the soil ones.

For the price Octo is very good Reef Octopus DNW 150 Recirculating Protein Skimmer - AquaCave

Reef Octopus skimmers do rock. ASM is always a good choice, but they have updated their design. Octo just can out with a new Needel Wheel line with a bubble plate.

Clownfish518

Razorback
PREMIUM
You can go in the review equipment area and look at different kinds of skimmers and their reviw. I got a recirculating Octo skimmer which mean it skimms twice and its great. Also think about putting a sock at the end of the line, a 1 or 5 micron is good to help your filtration. You need to change the sock every other day, but no worse than the skimmer cup. You wash the sock in the washing machine with no soak of anything. I got 3 socks so i don't have to wash only one at a time. And i don't need to wait for one sock to be washed to replace the soil ones.

For the price Octo is very good Reef Octopus DNW 150 Recirculating Protein Skimmer - AquaCave

This is the skimmer I am using today, almost. I have the DNWB recirculator, which is the updated model. Very nice skimmer.

Octopus DNWB-150 Needlewheel Recirculating Skimmer w/pump: Premium Aquatics

I use a sock too, but wash mine with a little bleach to break down the organics. The chlorine evaporates by the time I use it again. Either way it is painless to wash