Long tentacle plate coral help!

carlfike

So today I noticed this bad spot on the coral. other than that it's healthy and just eat a large piece of squid yesterday. Should I remove the dead portion? Should I just clean it real well? Should I leave it alone?
Any input would be awesome.
Everyone in the tank is fine.
tank para
78F
0 amon
0 nitrite
0 nitrate
440 cal
1440 mag
9 alk

IMAG0198_zpsa59ddecd.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Has it been stung by another? Id not cut just monitor. If it continues to recede an iodine dip may b in order.

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

carlfike

Honestly matt I have no idea what happened. He's been inching his way around the sand and today he turned to where I actually noticed it. Think I should atleast clean it or will the CUC take care of that?

dmatt88

Id b tempted to at least take a powerhead n aim it at it n blow it off. May evoke a feeding response however I'm channelling jj here n I think he'd say iodine dip it. Keep in mind his stuff looks better than mine. Pm jjmoneyman n see what he thinks. Id feel awful bad if I harmed your coral.

Jj u listening? Ears burning?

carlfike

lol. So I have never done an iodine dip. is there an FAQ or a how to out there somewhere I should read?

dmatt88

I keep Kent marine iodine jj uses something else. I drip into the water til its the color of light tea set the coral in the water 30 seconds or so n back into tank.

dmatt88

I use tank water fyi. Pm jj. He is no doubt the coral king.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I've been feeling these vibes and now I understand why. He doesn't look like he's slimy there does he? If so give him a good blow with a turkey baster (I keep one in my fish room). It looks like it happened a while ago though. Maybe got stung, or burned with some salt creep that fell into the tank or just got covered by something on that side. I don't see exposed flesh so I really don't see the need for a iodine dip unless he is slimed up in that area. I wouldn't trim him either, just let nature take it's course as he looks just fine otherwise.

Doogle

You see plates like that all the time. Give it time.
Kinda looks like mine except longer tentacles.