lobster id?

morrowss

I was cleaning rocks today and this little guy jumped out...he's about 1/2" kinda clear with dark spots. The body resembles a lobster....I have had 2 purple lobsters in that tank for a couple years, could this be a baby? I haven't added anything to the tank in about 8 months except for a clam....Anyone know?
lobster.jpg

GSELLERS

Has been struck by the ban stick
could quite possibly be a baby, but i have never seen a baby purple lobster before. Good luck with the ID if it isnt

morrowss

It doesn't look like an anemone shrimp
anemoneshrimp.jpg

But has the same forearm shape and stance and spotting like the purple lobster just no coloring...thats why i was wondering if any one knew what the juvenile looked like
purplelobsterps.jpg

Maybe a baby.....Too bad i ran and got a camera instead of catching it and putting it in a smaller tank to observe.....doh..

morrowss

i think you have successfully bread lobsters :)

I wondered, it looks just like my purple lobsters just not colored up...both my purple lobsters hang together always a few inches apart...i wish i couldve got better pics but it is so small and light...it was inside a rock i was cleaning then fell out, it thought it was leftover mysis at first....

morrowss

Looks like it might not be a purple lobster at all... mystery found, I think its a commensal shrimp. It must have been in the last clam I added
albumpicql6.jpg