lights and sharks?

nd200

I just got a 40 gallon breeder and was wondering if 2 coralife 10k lights and 2 coralife 20k lights would be ok for that size tank? also would there be any shark that I could keep that would last a couple months till i could put it in a 220 gallon salt water pond? There will be an anemone with a clown fish and 1 coral (my zoas died) I was going to go with radons but then my fish store stopped carrying them and i didnt feel like spending the extra money on shipping. It will have a sump and a 60 gallon skimmer with a 70 gallon aqua clear filter. and two 800GPH Hydor koralias. If the sharks not an option i can wait till i build the pond but was just wondering

DaveK

I just got a 40 gallon breeder and was wondering if 2 coralife 10k lights and 2 coralife 20k lights would be ok for that size tank? also would there be any shark that I could keep that would last a couple months till i could put it in a 220 gallon salt water pond? There will be an anemone with a clown fish and 1 coral (my zoas died) I was going to go with radons but then my fish store stopped carrying them and i didnt feel like spending the extra money on shipping. It will have a sump and a 60 gallon skimmer with a 70 gallon aqua clear filter. and two 800GPH Hydor koralias. If the sharks not an option i can wait till i build the pond but was just wondering

The lighting you propose would be fine.

As for sharks, Even your 220 gal is way too small for a shark. The smallest sharks grow to about 3 feet, and a shark needs about 1.5 times it's length so it can turn around. This would mean a tank the is 4.5 feet long and 4.5 feet wide. This is not a practical tank size for most people.

Unless you are prepared to invest in that size tank, don't get a shark. Yes, I know shark eggs are available, and they will hatch, but the fish grows fast, and no one is going to want the fish once it outgrows your tank.

nd200

Ok thanks! I don't really feel like investing in a tank that size. So I was wondering about a memo tank. How many fish from the movie would fit in a 40 gallon reef tank for a couple months max of 4 till get the 220. (incase you haven't seen it there is a orange clown blue tang yellow tang cleaner shrimp, sea star, moorish idol, and royal gramma and a porcupine puffer. and a magnificent anemone. I have a 60 gallon skimmer, lights mentioned above, use the red sea coral pro salt, 110 gallon fluval aqua clear filter and a 40 gallon sum with a refugee, carbon and phosphate reactor. and bio balls and filter socks and two hydro koralia 800 GPH power heads

blazend

Do the puffer, gamma and orange clown. You can throw the cleaner shrimp in as well. Thats all that the 40 should hold.