lighting intense enough?

Triggerjay

my clowns are fine check out my photo gallery i justed posted pictures of my one day old condy anemone and my 2 day old yellow polyp check em out they are so healthy and cool! my first coral and polyp are thriving! and the light are obviously intense enough.

Man oh man.... One day, and you think it is doing well.... Starting to die more than likely.... Good luck.....

I love Lynns sig.... "Reef tanks are like race cars,.... the faster you go, the harder you crash... BTW, WHEN your condi dies, .... in a 20g system, with no skimmer,... it is likley to crash your whole tank...

Jason

jubbers

i have waited patiently i walked before i ran and i experimented. if it dies it has a 30 day guarantee. i even took a sample of my water into petland and they tested it and they said it is exellent water quality. you do not know what is like till you get one it is eating and has all the healthy features.

Triggerjay

okokok... I said I was done with replying to your posts... This will be the last I assure you..... Your LFS has a 30 day guarantee? Not likely, but anyways,... you make it sound like that makes it ok... I am not worried you might loose the money you spent on it, ... I am worried you are not taking the animals well being into account. There are a LOT of VERY experienced aquarists on this site. If you stop and listen to what they have to say, you will be very successful in your adventure. This site has taught me much more than anyone at any of my LFS'es.. You just have to have an open mind and listen.. If you click on the little blue link at the bottom of this post, (Triggerjays experience) You will see I have made my share of mistakes. I have killed innocent marine life due to my lack of knowledge, and it made me basically leave the hobby for about two years. I never figured I would return to the hobby... then... I found RS. I had a 29g at the time, and since have upgraded to a 55g, which is doing very well,,... and have a 125g sitting in the livingroom I am setting up, due to the fact I have outgrown the 55g.. I research a fish, coral, or any other critter before a purchase now, ... decide if my knowledge, and equipment will support it, .. see if it will be compatible with my other tank mates/corals/etc.. then,... stop and ask myself... is it the right choice?.. The lighting you have, is CF.. not PC.. it will not sustain the life of the anemone for the lifespan of the animal. A condi can get large, quickly outgrowing your tank,.. and if it touches your new yellow polyps, they will die.. in turn, polluting the water, causing a chain reaction.. I am not trying to knock you in any way with this post. I would hope, after what you have been told here, you would take it back, and maybe trade it for some more yellow polyps, or something else that is easy to care for, that your system can support. As a little test to see if I am just blowing smoke, start a poll... return my anemone, or keep it?.. I think you already know what the results will be,... and I know you think you are capable of properly caring for the animal... but do the right thing... take it back.. I have nothing against you, as I have made the same mistakes. If you look at my pics in triggerjays experience, everything in the multi-tank setup died.. and it was ALL my fault.. best of luck to you, and I hope you become a very successful aquarist..

Oh yeah.. You say "you do not know what is like till you get one ".. I had one.. it died.

Jason

caitrina

that is why i joined so my qauestions can be answered by EXPERIENCED aquariusts

Then why do you not listen to them? Back in another of your posts I commented on something--which I am copying and pasting below as a reminder because not only did it fit in with the clown breeding but it fits with every other post you have made........AGAIN. As I continued reading your posts I kept thinking that this sounds like a teenager in that "I am going to do it my way" attitude and I went in and looked and sure enough it says you are 15.....If you are here for the experience then LISTEN, there is NOTHING negative in any answer you have been given , it is KNOWLEDGE, and EXPERIENCE! People get upset with you because you ask the same thing over and over in different posts in trying to get a different answer to the same question and then you come up with something new everytime, but turns out the same.

Getting an animal knowing it will likely die because of your lack of knowledge and proper equipment is not learning how to keep it, its very immature and thoughtless and setting yourself up for failure.

Why would you want to do that? Rushing to learn isn't going to help you either. Why not sit, plan and spend your money on the equipment first, let the tank become established, learn and LISTEN and then try with some of the harder to keep things. Then if it doesn't survive you can at least feel good in knowing you gave it your best shot and if it does survive you can pat yourself on the back and know you have achieved your goal.

Your posts do get old because you are not listening to what is being said. Try it instead of trying to find another way to ask to get a different answer. Now here is the post I had posted on your clown breeding and it still makes sense. Again I wish you luck but do so with the hope that you will respect the fact that these are animals, living, breathing animals not just a little mass of cells to play with. Respect that life and learn and you will eventually see the beauty in which you have created in an area we call an aquarium.

I think the statements about time and committment should be enough to make one stop and think about what they may be trying to do. There is so much involved in all of this and like others said this takes patience, something that I feel some of us don't have enough of and I can hear, read, and feel the lack of and your frustration coming through the questions you are asking. No one is telling you not to pursue your dreams or your goals of mating clowns, they are telling you to SLOW DOWN, find all you can find out about them and let nature take its course. Finding / buying a pair will not ensure they will give you what you want. I used to be a licensed bird breeder and it wasn't just a matter of putting a male and female together with a nesting box to get babies. Yeah , I know those were birds, but the same rule follows, there was a lot of time, commitment, responsibility, and PATIENCE involved in the learning, preparation, and husbandry of such. Good luck in your pursuit.

caitrina

:flaming: Me too, and it makes me soooo ANGRY and I am putting them on my ignore list because it does anger me....very immature and thoughtless....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

and to be quite honest with you , I think that is their whole purpose, it isn't to learn and do the right thing it is to prove someone wrong at the cost of a helpless animal...I am through now and am putting on ignore....

jubbers

i read every word that is why i'm upgrading lights i realize my lights may or may not be intense enough.

caitrina

This is my last post before I put your posts on ignore, you may have read every word but you didn't listen AGAIN.....welll established tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am done and through, we can all talk until we are blue or red in the face and it makes no difference and it is not worth the pain I suffer from typing in trying to get you to listen. good luck Jubbers....

Raf

don't worry guys, there will always be some that refuse to listen or listen but make their OWN decisions, you just have to let it go, you tried to help, that is all that matters.

I partially blame the large LFS like Petland that put this 30 day guaratees on harder to keep species, therefore almost giving inexperienced hobbyists a free 'get out of jail card' at the expense of the fish or invert.

:guns:

jubbers

first,lets calm down my tank is fully established I've had it set up almost a year and ahalf now that is not the problem. now i need a flourecent hood to fit the 20,000k coral lights i just bought,

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
leojpeace1.gif

Understanding and tolerance goes a long way!

lcstorc

leojpeace1.gif

Understanding and tolerance goes a long way![/quote

While I agree with this 150% there so only so much I can take. Anyone who knows me and reads my posts knows that but seriously this is getting to be too much.

Jubbers you say you came here for experienced opinions but don't seem to take any of them to heart.
Please. We are all here trying to help you.
If you think you are getting a negative reaction here try another forum for a minute. Trust me we are way more positive and helpful than any I have been to and I think I have tried them all.
We are only trying to help you and your reef.

I do have one question though. You say the tank is 1 1/2 years old. This is the first time I have heard that. What was in it previously and what were you running for filtration and lights?

jubbers

weel, because the filtaration and lights i had were for fish only, now i need more filtiration and more intense lighting, because just now i am starting to add reef.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
How's the tank and your new critters jubbers? Hopefully everything will prosper through this.

Allen :)

jubbers

they are doing great! my polpyps are great, my condy shrunk up to expel wastes. i am going to pick up a bag of black tahitian moon sand ver cool!