Lighting Help Please!!!!!!!!!

chuck116

Hello, the outer 2 bulbs on my hamilton technology 3 x 250w mh fixture went out. I replaced the bulbs and they now go on but dont fully light up. The center bulb which is controlled by another switch is fine. I took the cover off of the remote ballast box and checked the connections everything looks ok all are tight. It looks as though there is not enough juice to fully ignite the bulb.. My girlfriend has some electrical training and her initial thought is the capacitor, any ideas? the first thing we did was swap the outer bulb with the center and had the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Chuck.

mps9506

How long are you giving to let the bulbs fire?
Also are all the ballasts plugged into the same outlet?
My electrical skills aren't top notch, I knew enough to wire up a ballast with the instructions in front of me, but couldn't tell you how everything worked :D
You may want to try plugging the ballasts into different outlets to see it is drawing too much power. I personally have never had a cap go out on my ballasts before, so I don't even know what to look for in a bad cap... maybe a good time to upgrade to electrical ballasts :D

chuck116

Had them on all day today to give the tank some light same result . changed the outlet location. Not sure an upgrade is available and cant afford new light at the momment. thanks for the reply, would love some more help... Only thinking cap cause hamilton suggested it may be that. Not sure myself. Was supprised they did not suggest new ballast. I will hope for the best.