Light setup?

Nowellsy SNR

Right guys i've been looking at so many photos and im really drawn to the blue look of tanks i was thinking for when i change my T5's

3 ATI AquaBlue
1 KZ Figi Purple
2 ATI Actinics
???????????????

Would i be running enough Actinics? :drool:

Thanks Anthony

tnwillia

Anthony get Terry to jump in here, he's the T5 Bulb expert. He has some links that show the light spectrum charts for different bulbs. Have fun!

reeferman

im running 3 aquablue and 3 actinic plus.the actinic plus are a lot bluer than pure actinic.im enjoying the new bluer look.

reeferman

its a nice combo,really brings out the colors and gives that deep ocean look,though not too blue,just perfect.i really liked the whiter look of stock but the new color is so much better.
Reggie

Nowellsy SNR

Reggie are those all ATI Tubes you are running?

Sorry for the double post RS seems to be playing up today at my end

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
If you'll stick with some of the DEEPER blues you can get the COLOR you want while still getting a lot of PAR into the water. With the newest release of BLUE bulbs many of us are either doing away with ACTINIC or running only 1 Actinic bulb for a certain reason. I'm probably not buying anymore ACTINIC bulbs because I can get the same colors in a High-Par bulb. That's a Win-WIN in my books :)

Nowellsy SNR

Thanks for that Al so if i run more Blue than Actinics i wont be doing any harm to my tank?

Im not digging the white look i love the blue look!

Max250

The Giesemann Actinic Plus is 60% deep blue and 40% actinic, So best of both worlds for me. I feel I am losing out if I use a pure actinic (420nm). I get enough fluorescence with actinic plus.

Max250

Not really, Anthony. I think you will want more blue.

I have red, pink, yellow and non-flourescent corals in my tank so too much blue doesn't show them off well. I need the white tubes to show their colour off and give me better growth from my SPS. I could try a Pro Color or the Fiji Purple to bring the reds/pinks out but I'm happy for the moment. Mine is mainly white with a hint of blue.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think this is part of the beauty of T5's... so versatile. Just by swapping a bulb out here and there you can really "TWEAK" the look of your tank.

reeferman

The Giesemann Actinic Plus is 60% deep blue and 40% actinic, So best of both worlds for me. I feel I am losing out if I use a pure actinic (420nm). I get enough fluorescence with actinic plus.
good post,thats exactly why i chose them.higher par values and still get a little actinic in there,tank is more blue,but not that much.a good mix of white/blue without being whitewashed or bluewashed[just made bluewashed up,dont know if thats a real word but yall know what i mean]lol.
Reggie
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/54350-gereefermans-reef.html