Light Readings

carlfike

I posted this on my tank thread but I'm posting here too for more visablity. I'd like some input on my lighting. Up/down/just fine?

:ponder2:
So i did some light reading this morning.

I'd like some input from you guys. This is with BLue LEDS at 50% and white at about 60%.

light.jpg

Bottom Readings
bottom.png

Middle readings
middle.png

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
I just tested mine as well at 60% intensity. I saw 100 on the sand and then about 250 midway. From my reading, it seems that 100 on the sand is good but 150 to 200 would also still work which is what i'm shooting for. Would like to have between 3-400 where the meat of my corals (middle) are so i'm going to start testing more tomorrow.

310 in the middle isn't bad from what I read.......seems like you are good there. As for adjustments, i would get my corals going good first then strt to see if pushing it up at all does anything and go from there.

carlfike

So wow... I cleaned the lense on my light meter, didnt realize it was growing some junk... I was blasting my coral with like 500par... No wonder things were bleaching out. I've made an adjustment and we'll see how things look.

reefer gladness

How do you like the seneye unit? Last time I took PAR readings it was with a rented Apogee but I've been waiting for something like the seneye before buying. Looking at the spectrum graphs is it the colored line or the gray line that represents your tank?

Edison

Love my seneye. It's a great all around reef tool. Check out the website WWW.seneye.com

The gray line is mine. That's just basically telling you your color spectrum.

I've been looking to get a PAR meter and was considering this one from Apogee to use with my Fluke DVM.

The Seneye looks like it does a little more for just a little more money. The charting options look very useful.

I will definitely consider getting one. Thanks for that!