LED strip for SPS corals on my RSM250 Lid

Ashr

Hey all

I’m looking to add a LED strip to the my RSM250 lid. I have added a moon light strip and love it. But I want a little more light for my SPS frags. Can anyone recommend something that would work well? I looked around for some info but didn’t find that much..plus I’m at work.

Thanks!

I am considering doing the same thing. I want to add LED's for more pop and hopefully additional par. The Reefbrites look great but aren't slim enough to easily fit under our hoods. Someone on here was able to fit 2 Current True Lumen Pro strips under their hood (1 in front of the T5's, other in back). I've read up on these strips and they aren't as strong (par wise) as the Reefbrites. I also found Champion Lighting has a thin strip that looks a bit more powerful than the True Lumens and would also fit. Finally, I just found out Ecoxotic now has Stunner Strips in 24", 36" and 48" now (used to just have 12"). I REALLY like the color options Ecoxotic has and find Ecoxotic LED tanks look better than most. Stunner strips are really thin so I am leaning towards using the Ecoxotic's. I am also realizing if I want the super thin strips, I will have to give up some wattage for the convienance of a thin strip, so my thoughts for adding LED strips is starting to lean more for adding color than additional par.

tnwillia

Someone here put Stunner strips between their T5s cutting a strip in the reflector and mounting them but I can't find the thread. Have fun!

kdtran

I have the 130D and have tried Ecoxotic 12.5in Stunner, Current USA TrueLumen Pro and TrueLumen Aquatic Strip (actually have all of them installed right now, when my main light is off, it's crazy bright Blue). I like the TrueLumen Aquatic Strip the best, even though it only come with 4 LED, it's super bright and very very thin which make it easy to mount anywhere.

The Ecoxotic and TrueLumen Pro is equivalent but the TrueLumen Pro is more high quality and brighter. Maybe the Ecoxotic Panorama series is better.

I am going to buy the Ecoxotic Panorama Pro RGB next to see how it is as it can do diff color with remote - also it's nice that both Ecoxotic and TrueLumen can share the same Power supply (rated for 60 Watt so i guess you can use up to 4-5 of them on a single Adapter)

I have not tried Reefbrites but sure will look into it...

jpsika08

+1 with Al, don't use anything less than CREE lights as they won't be effective for keeping SPS.