led setup for 125g long

i have been tossing around the idea of running leds but have no clue where to start. first on a 6 foot long tank at 20inches deep how many watts of power should i need to keep everyone happy? second i like diy. so where can i get kits for cheap for me to assemble.

reefer gladness

http://www.rapidled.com/125g-tank/

Take a look at my reef chronicle for some ideas too. I like a clean looking installation so I tucked all my drivers and controller equipment inside a separate cabinet.

Two suggestions when you go DIY: First make sure the kit is dimmable, this is really important. And second, don't skimp out on the cooling. Get a good heatsink, drilled will keep your LED's permanently attached (epoxy can come unglued). The splash guard is a really good idea too, it helps keep the salt creep off your lights.

anthony27

I know you tank is a little bigger then mine cause I have a 48 inch long but check out reef breeders I bought a 48 controllable led light for 500$ and it is the bst thing that I ever did for my tank.

hi new2reefing,you can ask Rick to help you DIY and design,he has high power led dimmable aquarium lights,his web shop name is reef radiance,i am very interested in his DM-155e and DM-132e dimmable colorful led light,also i asked him to help me design 30x3w 3 channels of the dimmer knobs unit with a external dimmer.