Leaking RSM 250

ViperDoug

I have a 250 that is 2.5 months old. This week a leak started beneath the powerbar area at the bottom, back right corner. There are three little holes there and water is slowly coming out of them. I pulled the powerbar out and you can feel the water below it. It is so much that I have to clean the floor up evereyday when I come home from work. I am also getting A LOT of salt build-up around the outside, bottom perimter of the tank where the black plastic meets the glass. Any help is appreciated.

ViperDoug

Thanks Tom. Have you ever had a leak in your RSM? Also, is the salt build-up around the black plastic normally this heavy? I have to clean it everyday.

mtk

Do you know what the holes are from? Can you see bubbles or voids in or around the area of the leaks. I am just thinking this might be a defect. I had a cousin that had a bunch of bubbles in the acrylic of his tank and one day it just split in that area. came home to 30 gal of water on his floor. I would contact Red sea and see what they say.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Tom. Have you ever had a leak in your RSM? Also, is the salt build-up around the black plastic normally this heavy? I have to clean it everyday.

Salt Build-up (aka Salt Creep) is a sign of Salt Water leaving the tank and the water evaporating leaving only salt behind. Is that normal that you clean every day? NO!! That's a sign of way to much NaClH2O leaving the tank in that small area.. aka LEAK!

You might want to call them ASAP instead of just waiting for a forum reply especially because WHERE it's leaking. Salt Water and electronics don't mix well at all.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Allen

tnwillia

+1^ Call Pinky, Pictures of the bad spot if possible. Good luck to you!

Pinky Bulot U.S.A. Office: Red Sea 18125 Ammi Trail Houston, Texas 77060

Tel: (281) 447-0205 Fax: (281) 447-1153

Toll Free: 1-888-RedSea9

zenzence

Make sure you did not overfill the tank.I did that once I thought I had a leak turned out I over filled the tank. Water follows the lip of tank and runs down into power center area.

zenzence

Rubbermaid tub, power head from rsm and the heater should have no problems. If its just going to be 2 or 3 days I wouldn't concern myself with lights. If you have alot of stock maybe two tubs.