Lakmo99's 90 Gallon Mixed Reef

Lakmo99

The old tank was just an overstocked 30.
FTS1.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
That's going to be a great looking setup, love the sump and the choice of LR. AFA the flow I don't think it'll be a problem at all. Can't wait to see the chronicles :thumbup:

Lakmo99

We were able to plumb the tank and put water in it today. We're just going to let it run with tap water until tommorow and check for leaks. Pretty quiet, although there is a little bit of flushing coming from the sump. Any suggestions on how to cut down on the flushing?

DrHank

A very nice set up. The only potential problem that I see is that if your skimmer and return are both in the right chamber, pods in the fuge may unintentionally sucked into the skimmer. The higher the flow rate, the more likely it is to happen. A really cool looking sump though.

Lakmo99

I got sand put in the tank and filled it up halfway with saltwater. Tommorow I will fill up the rest of the tank and take pictures.

Hey where did you ended up puchasing the hoses for the return line? I think Im going to end up replaceing part of my return as well. Thanks Kurt

Cool thx, BTW Is the water on your side of the sump, the return pump side seem like Its not really circulating a whole lot. Seems on mine the water Is so still It almost seems to be getting stagnet with alot of surface gunk floating around. Maybe Its just me, all though I am happy to have no excess micro bubbles getting sucked In.

Lakmo99

Not much has happened in the last couple weeks... We did get rock in the tank two weeks ago and I never got around to taking a picture of it so here it is.

P1000880.jpg

The Sump

P1000881.jpg

Just the fuge

P1000883.jpg