Lakersfreaks RSM 130D

Hello all. I bought and put together my tank. Tank was purchased used but is one month old and have warranty receipt. I'm currently installing the tunze osmolator.

Everything's working great except for the timer....the time doesn't seem to move at all. I put it on 16 and its stayed on 16 for 2 hours now. Any help anyone?

Sent while in motion via HTC Vivid

So the timer seems to be working but is slow. It was set at correct time of 10 pm last night and this morning at 730 am it was at 630 am. So minus one hour over a period of 9.5 hours.....kinda annoying. It's still under warranty. You guys think RSM will fix it?

c6e4d821-4112-8d4b.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
So the timer seems to be working but is slow. It was set at correct time of 10 pm last night and this morning at 730 am it was at 630 am. So minus one hour over a period of 9.5 hours.....kinda annoying. It's still under warranty. You guys think RSM will fix it?

That's a great question for Avaid (the Red Sea Rep) - but I am sure they will ! You can ask him here...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea/37228-ask-red-sea.html

Also, can someone tell me of I need anything other than the carbon for filtration? I took the bio balls out.
My 250 also had a white filter pad.

I guess my question is what else do I put on the left chamber under the circulation pumps other than carbon?

18b411ed-6416-ab09.jpg

Hey guys. It's been 5 days since setting up tank. I'm assuming the yellow "algae" is normal. Can someone confirm?

Also when do you think I can add small crabs?

Ricardo

Hey guys. It's been 5 days since setting up tank. I'm assuming the yellow "algae" is normal. Can someone confirm?

Also when do you think I can add small crabs?

Hmm... I don't think I've ever seen yellow algae before. It's probably your diatom bloom kicking off. As long as there's something for them to eat, put your cleanup crew in if your ammonia and nitrite reading are reading zero.

My ph is 8.0, ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 20.....guess I have to wait a while for hermit crabs.

Ricardo

Has your tank already cycled... did you have your ammonia and nitrite spikes? If so then you can bring your nitrates down with water changes.

Has your tank already cycled... did you have your ammonia and nitrite spikes? If so then you can bring your nitrates down with water changes.

No its only 5 days old. I doubt it's cycled already. LFS was telling me I'm ok to add hermit crabs (kids are anxious for something in the empty tank at the moment), but he was probably just saying that to sell.

Ok so one week into my cycle and here's a pic of my tank. Is this red algae???? Am I running the lights too long??? Goes on at 8am and off at 7 pm.

Ok thanks!!!!
Also, I have a lot of bubbles (trapped air) in my sand.....I accidentally moved the sand a bit a bunch of bubbles surfaced!

RogerDiver

How many hours you are with lights on? I cycled mine during four weeks with 4 hours of photoperiod and my diatom bloom happens on third week, so I added the CUC and they clean the tank in 3 days.

Mine is on seventh week now and still have bubbles on the sand.