Lags' 250

Dweezil

mlags62 ~ Your link doesn't show up....I was able to look at the tank by just copying part of the link though. Welcome to RS. Another pretty tank in the making. :)

mlags62

IMAG0059.jpg

mlags62

thanks for the help. A micro serpent starfish and brittle starfish came with the fiji rock. Btw never buy from aquatic connections i order 62 pounds and only recieved 30 pounds. He never responded to my emails so i contacted my credit card company and got my money back!

Dweezil

You did it! How about telling us a little bit about yourself? Whare are you in the world?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I like the looks of the rock you got & your aquascape looking nice too! Your on your way :)

Thanks for sharing pic !

Conched

Rock work looks really good. Only a fellow reefer an appreciate 30 pounds of gnarly rock piled up in a tank.. Are you planning on keeping the damsels for the long haul ?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
+1 on the great start! Good to hear you got your money back on the con job by AquaCON - what a ripoff on the rock amount! I'm surprised that place is still in business.

mlags62

Only through the cycling and then ill bring them back to my lfs for credit. My ammonia is off the charts its well over .98 should I do a water change? The rock has been in since Friday.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
. My ammonia is off the charts its well over .98 should I do a water change?

No... when ammonia at zero & nitrites are at zero & the nitrates soar... then start water changes - 1st one 30%, followed by 10-15% weekly.

PS - with the ammonia at that level, I take the fish back to lfs now, he not needed in the tank, some use them to kick off cycle, many die, a raw deli shrimp do the same...

Conched

No... when ammonia at zero & nitrites are at zero & the nitrates soar... then start water changes - 1st one 30%, followed by 10-15% weekly.

PS - with the ammonia at that level, I take the fish back to lfs now, he not needed in the tank, some use them to kick off cycle, many die, a raw deli shrimp do the same...

+1 - You don't really need the damsels to cycle the tank. They might make for more trouble than they are worth. The live rock tends to be able to start the cycle process from all the die off.

Good luck.

mlags62

Ammonia dropped to zero after three days! Last night I heard a popping nose in my tank and noticed something sticking out of the rocks, I'm guessing its either a pistol or mantis shrimp. Also the picture below is a red/purple thing I'm not too sure what it is. Does anyone know?

IMAG0062.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Might be a red sponge - does it move? Does it change shape at all with the lights on or off? Is that a hole in the center of it?

Congrats on the ammonia being zero!

mlags62

yea it looks like a mouth, sometimes it's open and sometimes it's closed. I googled it and I'm convinced it's a sponge.