Kim’s 120 Possibilities

KimPossible

10g QT sounds small,
you read my mind Lorraine! I just got back from Pet's Inc with a 20L ;) I figured I'd couldn't go wrong with keeping an extra 10gal tank around, so I put it up on my shelf. I'm gonna set it up tonight, I'm doing a WC on my 55, so I'm gonna use 5 gallons from that.

You have so much patience. Not me, I would die if my tank sat in the garage that long. No rush, but when you going to move that baby? Now I need to find a good book to read while I wait...
Most of the tank has just been me working on it, and it has been hard, well not hard but not easy either. I have been up to ACE to have some of the guys pull out a piece of PVC that I had stuck in some fittings....more than once:bugout: It's been issues like that that have taken so much time or expanding threaded soft line with heat to fit it over barbed fitting, stuff that is not natural for me to do. Oh well, I've learned a lot and it is turning out to be a fantastic experience.

Water will be in soon, Lynn and Frank have brought up a point on heat and my chiller in my cabinet, so I'm looking to make some type of change there.

My running 55 is at my 2nd house. I just moved 3 mo ago so I have to head over to the other house every other night for feedings and then again for water changes. I want this tank up so bad I can taste it. I just want to make sure I'm thinking this thing all the way through, this is my chance to get it right.

I am seeing Blue :)

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Kim that QT will pay off someday. If not to QT new fish, to QT sick fish, or as a place to house LS for observance. My QT is in my basement and gives me no trouble at all. Just add top off every once in awhile. When I had my heater incident it was all ready. In fact I was in such a panic when I awoke and saw all my fish laying at the bottom of the tank, I just scooped them out and threw them in the QT without acclimating! 4 of 7 made it and are still with me. Karma for your patience and preparation! If and when I up grade, hind sight being 20/20 and if I knew then what I know now, I would take all the time in the world to set up the best tank money can buy!

KimPossible

Well, I finally have my tank in my house !!
I set it up and ran tap through it just to make sure there were no leaks. No problems at all :)
I've been filling up the "brute" with RODI..shesh...it only has a 2 gallon reservoir so it is sssllloowwww. I've got to pick up LR and my lights. My sand finally showed up. It took Fed ex 5 days for a 2 day economy rate. I got my money back on that one.
Here are the pics
Tank_in_LR.jpg

Full_View.jpg

I know I have alot of indirect sunlight even though, not bright...coming in my fish room, Draperies are going up with in the week.

bluespotjawfish

Someone else's back is going to hurt instead of mine - looks fun! 2 gallons at a time oh boy. Blue wants his home out front where he can see out the window.

KimPossible

Thanks everyone!!
Are you planning to add a nice sized recliner right in front of the tank
... more like a wooden stool, and everyone else has to sit on the couch to see the tank... what I hear is ... Mom, move your head, your in the way..hahahah...

Yeah, my back is a little sore right now, but nothing Doans cant fix :).. I'm on a roll...

Well, all the water is made now. I'm gonna drain the fresh out of the tank and into another brute to rinse off my sand before putting into the tank. All this in between getting ready for Easter, we boiled 4 dozen eggs last night to sit before coloring.... my girls are 8 & 12 so I'm hoping they don't need toooo much supervision. I'll get some more pics as soon as the sand and salt are in.

Thanks for all the support! You guys are great :D

lcstorc

Yippie! Sounds great. I'm sure the girls will do just fine on the egg coloring. They should have had lots of practice in previous years. Just cover everything in newspaper and it will be fine. You didn't need 4 dozen hardboiled eggs anyhow. If they break a few, oh well. :)

Good luck getting the tank up and running. You have a busy day ahead, but it sounds like you are prepared.

KimPossible

They do have a lot of practice and my patio is covered in news paper.
It is a tradition to come over to Aunt Kims house for an early dinner and the 'hunt'... I usually have tons of eggs...decorated as eyeballs, bugs, animal print, the usual, spackled, the list goes on. It usually only takes me a couple of evenings to get them done. My 12 yr old is in charge of the eggs this year. :whstlr:

KodiakBear

It is a tradition to come over to Aunt Kims house for an early dinner and the 'hunt'... I usually have tons of eggs...decorated as eyeballs, bugs, animal print, the usual, spackled, the list goes on. It usually only takes me a couple of evenings to get them done. My 12 yr old is in charge of the eggs this year. :whstlr:
Sounds like a lot of fun! Should we be expecting pics of the eggs too?

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Beautiful set-up Kim. I see you painted the room in a matching color to your tank stand, way to go! Have fun with all the activities. I'm sure Peter Cottontail will be good to you. Happy Easter!

DaBird

Wow Kim, Great thread, I just sat here and read the whole thing (a little insomnia) ...I like your cabinet designer, what kind of wood is that, it almost looks hand carved...anyway, great read and when me and Rhonda are ready to upgrade, we might steal some of your ideas...!

KimPossible

Well, the tank is a soupy mess....My sand still has not settled and I've added it on Sunday. I kept the circulation off for 1 day, but then turned it back on. I'm not sure if the suspended particles are heavy enough to eventually settle back into the sand. We'll see...

Ok, here are the Easter pics I promised! I hope everyone here had a nice day!
Paige did a great job dying eggs, nothing fancy just colored eggs...but...look the colors stayed true. I did not help on a single egg. I had to add the last pic...our newest addition to the family, little Tyler. Boy I love it having babies around...as long as they are not mine :D

Attachments

• 1eggs.jpg
    1eggs.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 1Briannas egg.jpg
    1Briannas egg.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 54
  • 1Tyler.jpg
    1Tyler.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 54