Kate's Reef Adventure

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers for the vid Kate - enjoyed hearing you name everyone & enjoying your tank so much :)

if you right click on your vid & copy the url & then click on the little Film Icon & paste it in, it will show up like below :dance:

reefle

Nice vidd! Your tank is coming along really well

I really enjoyed the accent myself. Always wished I had one lol.

GGKate

Done! Made that rookie mistake of putting in my own HTML whist using a tool - something I constantly remind my users not to do on the site I moderate! Embarrassed.

Glad you enjoyed the vid, though - I took it originally for my brother, but You Tube doesn't work in China, where he lives, so I was glad to be able to share it elsewhere.

GGKate

They're not very imaginative names, but I've sort of gone with that as a theme - it helps me to remember to check up on all of them on a daily basis. Of course, with the hermits, I'm going to be in a pickle when they start swapping shells!

GGKate

Hi guys,

First of all, I hope you all had a great Christmas and wish you a happy and healthy 2014 for you and your wet pets.

Went to the LFS today with my brother, who is over from China for the holidays, and he bought me my Christmas present :D. He's a very lovely brother, and we came back with a huge feather duster, who I'd had my eye on last time, but my salinity had got a bit too high and they wanted me to get it down before getting anything new. It's fine now. Most excitingly, I have got a goby and lobster pair.

The lobster has made himself right at home. We had to go out almost as soon as I'd acclimatised and released them, but by the time we came home, he'd made himself a burrow under a rock (obligingly) right at the front of the tank, with two entrances/exits and deposited a heap of sand in the middle of the 'beach' in the middle.

The goby, however, was hugging the grill that leads to the compartment that contains the heater. And now he is in it. I assume if he got in, he can get out, but since the Royal Gramma is also a slim fish and I lost him after a week and never saw him again, I'm a tad concerned. I've made a few half-hearted efforts to get him out, but I don't want to stress him, particularly if he's just going to go right back in again.

Do I need to worry?

They were a symbiotic pair in the LFS.

Thanks in advance. :)