just brought my Copper Banded 'fly home

Paul B

I contacted Ocean Nutrition foods that make a variety of frozen and dry foods to see if they could manufacture a feed specifically for fish with smaller mouths like copperbands. I told them about a tiny fish I sometimes get in Asian markets to feed my fish but those fish, which are baby anchovies are dried and hard for fish to eat unless they are soaked for a long time.
I also told them that we could use frozen blackworms for people who do not have access to live worms.
They called me right back and are giving me some samples of new foods they are making and they like the idea of the tiny whole fish for food.
They are comiing to my home next week to discuss these foods and give me the samples.
They said they know of me. I must be famous :eek:
Maybe we could get some better foods for copperbands and other fish.
They also sell frozen worms in Europe and will look into the possability of selling them in the states if there is a large enough market.
I don't know if they are a sponsor here but maybe I could get them to be

lcstorc

Please keep us posted on what you find out.
I already use a number of there products but the think I try for most with my tank is variety. I would love to have more options and of course we would love them as a sponsor.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Something in your tank is bound to eat the clam. If after an hour it's not consumed, then you may want to remove it.

degibson84

ate for the first time today as i put in a mixture of emerald entree and Hakari baby brine.

im feeling pretty good right now

degibson84

ZAPCOnj i actually just borrowed my fiance's camera for the weekend so i am going to try and take some pics

dianezoo= i was starting to get pretty worried. after i saw him take a few bites it just felt so good konwing that he was eating

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Half the battle with CBBs is getting them to eat. Now that you have it eating, you can try other foods as it becomes accustom to and comfortable in its new environment.

ZAPCOnj

whatever you decide to try make sure you do it slowly. let him eat normally for a while before you start switching foods on him. but i agree, a variety of foods is best for the fishies.

degibson84

so the last few days i noticed that he dosen't come out from hiding very often.

he kind of just hangs out in the back of the tank underneath a rock. i try to feed when he comes out but he isn't coming out enough to get enough to eat

ZAPCOnj

Have you added anything new to the tank? how are you water parameters? does he look like he's breathing any heavier than normal?

he could be stressed if something new has been added or if the water is not right. i know mine will pace if i'm a little over due for a water change. once i make the water change he's back to normal about an hour or so after.