Jof's 130D Thread

Jof

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for having a look at this thread. All comments and advice is welcomed, good or not-so-good.

Some of you may have seen me posting before, but now my system has finally got wet I thought it was time to start a thread.

It's only taken just over a year since that big cardboard box turned up to pouring water into the tank......... well, they do say not to rush in the reefing world don't they.

I will try to add photo's has I go along, but at the moment they'll be just iPhone shoots as some 'mate' lost my camera!

Right.....

From the off I decided to do some mods, this is because I could see the logic or ease of maintaining the system. They include:-

Stevie T's Media Rack and Tunze Cup.
Tunze 9002 Skimmer (with airline mod).
NewJet1200 Pump in rear chamber.
Vortech MP10
Aquaray 600 x2 (with Power Controller).
Stunner (Blue) LED Strip (with Power Controller).
Tunze 3155 ATO (Osomolator)
Ph Probe / LED Display.
Hailea 150 Chiller (via TC-10).

and a few other minor bits.........

Just over a week ago and filled the tank with RO water I produced at 0TDS, (anyone remeber my RO system case)?

H2ocean salt was mixed in to bring it upto 1.025 at 25.2c.

A couple of days after that I added 16kgs of Live Rock, which I then had a good few hours "fun" aquascaping. Found a very dodgy looking black crab and what I believe is a 'ChequerBand' Snail, both have been liberated from the system!

Another day or two later I added some Live Sand and then took some of the first tests on the system.

A week later and I'm now on the following:-

Temp 25.7c, Sg 1.025, Ph 8.2, Ammonia 0.0ppm, Nitrite 0.0ppm, Nitrate 10ppm & Phosphate 0.31ppm.

I will add some photos when I can remember how to do it!!!!!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hey Jof - great to see you start a tank thread & get going ! Look forward to the pics ! :chair: :lurk: the iphone will take some pretty good ones, I have several from my iphone in my thread...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hey Jof :wave:

Sounds like a GREAT start to a really fun project! Can't wait to see those pics :)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Welcome back Jof, i'll be tagging along. And yes, I remember your ro system case, a real work of art.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Hey Jof, did you have some hard earned cash on Seb again this year?? Chachinga!!