JJ's My Reef saga

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Ok I put the Chartreuse Polyp Acro on the website. Brandon, you've got first shot on the other one and Ben, your on deck for it - and Willie, I'm spray painting one bright metallic blue for you :bouncer:

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Watch it Willie... He'll try to charge you extra for "custom pin striping"... Lol.

....Moving On, Moving On....

Choff

Going to take a look later tonight to see if I want to add anything to the Monday order.

Cheers!

Ok I put the Chartreuse Polyp Acro on the website. Brandon, you've got first shot on the other one and Ben, your on deck for it - and Willie, I'm spray painting one bright metallic blue for you :bouncer:

JJ do you also do chrome work? I want da slick rims with the leettle dog in da back with the head that bobs up and down.

Sent from my neural implant with Tapatalk 10

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
This one is really opening up and looking good just after a few days. I'd hate to cut it up but look at all those arms.

bfgfhvb8.JPG

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
So yesterday I walk into the fish room and I get the smell of burning rubber. I feel one of the American DJ strips and sure enough one of them his hot as can be and it appears that the insulation on the wiring inside is melting. Well this is the second time this has happened to me and I should have known better. They must have 18 gauge wire inside of them or something. Since I'm turning powerheads and such off all the time when customers come over I need my plugs on switches, so I made my own. I did this one today. Each switch controls the plug in next to it. I also did these with 12 gauge wire. Going to make another one tomorrow and install them. I should never have this problem again. Cost for materials was about $30.

switches.jpg

catran

Ooo, that stinks. You're really lucky that it didn't completely melt, or start a fire!! Great job on the ones you made. Ya know what they say, if you want something done right, do it yourself!

I love reefers...

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I am lucky I caught it, but this will help me to sleep at night. I was going to go with the ones with the switch/plug in one but they were $8.50 each vs about 50c each. Besides I've got 2 PH in each tank so it makes it easy to turn off both at once. No more DJ switches for me.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Now u have me feeling my DJ strips daily. U have been lucky my dear friend.

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore