Jimmy's 130D Setup

JimmyJ

Ran the gambit of tests tonight for the week and I swear that one of these days that I am testing somebody is going to walk by the house window and see all these syringes and think something else is going on :)

Ca is looking good at 420
Alk is high at 12, will stop dosing that for a few days and test again to get it down
Mg is up to 1260, not bad in six days up from 1080. That's an increase of 30 per day, so much for the dosage calc on the bottle being correct. It says that the amount I am dosing should be an increase of 18 per day. Is this increasing to fast?

Found out yesterday that using my MJ 400 (used to circ my water when mixing sw) sure does make the water change even easier to pump the new water into the tank. :D

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Sounds good Jimmy - your readings are practically the same as what I got 2 days ago. I've backed off on the alk addition too, but have kept up the Ca addition for now. I've been dosing 50 ml/day of the Kent Mg, for the last 2 days, and will probably do one more Mg dose today and retest. I was starting at a higher Mg level than you were.

JimmyJ

Sounds good Jimmy - your readings are practically the same as what I got 2 days ago. I've backed off on the alk addition too, but have kept up the Ca addition for now. I've been dosing 50 ml/day of the Kent Mg, for the last 2 days, and will probably do one more Mg dose today and retest. I was starting at a higher Mg level than you were.

Thanks Terry. :)

JimmyJ

Media question: Does anyone stir up or rinse their media during its 3-4 month life time? Or is it ok to just leave it be?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
It doesn't hurt to rinse it out in your water change water once in a while. Easier to do if running the media rack.

Setragni

Hey Jimmy, what do you test and dose Mg with? I am testing with RS test and dosing Magnesion by Brightwell Aquatics.

JimmyJ

Went back to the new LFS today and came home with a Torch coral. It has 5 heads each about the size of a quarter when closed and it's stock is about 3 inches long. I will post pics later tonight.