Its been three days and gsp still wont open

Well its been three days and.my gsps still dont look.like they have tried to.ooen my zoas open and.closealot and my yellow poylps stay open all day and my frogspawn open a litlle more each day is this nirmal for all of them???

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Yea gsp could say closed over a week. Try not to move it or touch it but it is perfectly normal for it to stay closed for extended periods of time.

Lol thanks and I know most people dont like it,but its one of my first four corals so I want it to open and spread like crazy also the,guy I got it from just kinda scraped it off with a razor blade is that okay? And when should I start worrying

TylerHaworth

It's an extremely invasive and aggressive coral... The guy you got it from scraping it off with a razor blade should be a testament to how much of a weed it truly is.

It may be cool now, but I promise you that down the road you will be cursing it.

To answer your question though... If it goes more than a week or ten days I would be both concerned and overjoyed at the same time =)

What,would prevent it from growing if,all my,ither,corals are doing,well it just,looks like a purple mat with little tubes tat have no heads

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its pissy. Kinda like coral pms. It'll take over ur tank in no time.

.............stay thirsty my friend.