It Finally Happened!

Warnberg

Thanks, I'm keeping it updated as things progress. The clowns should be due to lay again here soon. Hopping they will take the clutch to hatch. Problem I am having right now is the clowns have now started laying eggs on the rocks rather then the tile. The anemone keeps moving back and forth and I'm not sure the tile is close enough to them to feel comfortable about laying on it. Keeping an eye on things....

jubbers

congrats! how old are your clowns? i have 2 ocellaris clowns and i have raised them together they are about one years old. one is bigger how long is it going to be before they lay eggs? how old are your clowns?

caitrina

Well the last update that Warnburg did was May 2007, that is 2 months ago, sooooo shall we discuss ideas as to what happened? I would like to know about these little clowns, would be interesting.

ReefGuy69

I cant believe i was on the edge of my seat and this is how it ended. its like one of those movies that you love and then the ending makes ya mad and you never watch it again, but will always remember it because of what the ending made you feel like. Sniffle Sniffle. i would have loved to see this work out.

Premnas

How many member are actually successfully breeding and raising clowns? I know Woodstock is definitely doing it, just look at the pictures. I'm really serious about this as I just began breeding them again after a 20 plus year hiatus. I find it very easy and matter of fact. Just get a truly bonded pair, feed them all they can eat and they will spawn. Once they start, they spawn on a regular basis unless something changes their environment. After the first few spawns you'll have an idea of what the hatch night should be. It mostly depends on the water temperature. I used flower pots for spawn sites and no anemones. On the night of the spawn, take out the pot and put it in a small tank. I use a 2 1/2 gallon tank. Replace the flower pot with a new one and the breeders won't know the difference. Keep the hatching tank dark and direct a small stream of air bubble near the eggs so as to keep them moving and oxygenated. In the morning you should have a bunch of fry. Add green water and rotifers for the next few days and San Francisco Bay Brand just hatched baby brine shrimp at the third or fourth day. You will see pink bellies indicating that they are eating the shrimp. I siphon the bottom once per day and replace the water. After a few weeks move them to a bigger tank with an established sponge filter. It's not that hard, but it is labor intensive if you want to raise a lot of fish. I just raise a few dozen because I don't have the time nor the interest in selling them. I would like to trade F1s with other breeders for genetic diversity. Please ring in on this or PM me if you'd like.
Premnas