Is there such a thing as black zoa spiders???

rubyfrogs

Hello again everyone, and first of all thank you for answering all of my many questions!!! Now, I did a dip on my zoa polyp colony after I noticed a black spider looking thing on it the first day I brought it home. I looked it up and it looks like the zoa spiders but it was black, not tan or brown like all of the pictures I have found. Is is possible to have black zoa spiders? Or is this possibly something else? I have found a total of 3 so far, one from the dip and tweezered two more off over the last few days while carefully combing through my polyps like a mad woman lol.

rubyfrogs

I found a pic online that looks like it, I dont have a macro lens on my camera, so the pics just looked like black spots lol this is what they looked like though, and the site I got this from identifies them as zoa eating spiders, but this is the ONLY site or info I found about "black" zoa spiders.

Zoanthid eating spider pics

rubyfrogs

Ya I found 3 of those buggers on my button zoa colony, and now I have had to put the whole colony in QT because they I am pretty sure they are dying. I have done fw dips and I also did a 90%tank water 10%hydrogen peroxide dip, as I read that might help with any secondary bacteria that could have been caused by these nasty bugs. I dont know if the colony is going to make it or not, hopefully it will pull through with the dips and some luck! Here's to hoping!

yes there is i had some on my zoos. they are nasty little bugger. i used iodine dips to kill them off for what i could.