Irene's RSM 250C

Frankb1

The tank looks great! How are the temps with lights on and all pumps going? Any need for chiller like the D model?

Irene

Hi Frank, thanks and the temps are fine with everything going, but you must remember I live in Scotland !!!!

Frankb1

Hi Frank, thanks and the temps are fine with everything going, but you must remember I live in Scotland !!!!

Ha yeah I hear you....I would probably be ok also since I live in Alaska, even my summer temps are usually 65-75 if I'm lucky.

Frankb1

Irene are you going to use the full Reef Care Program including the NO3PO4-X? I'm interested in how that works.
Are you doing a mixed reef or SPS dominant etc?

Thanks

Irene

I've not thought that far ahead program wise Frank but the tank will be mostly softies & fish for a while I think, I always like to keep things simple.

Cheers
Irene

rhogeo

Great start Irene! That is some very nice rock, and sounds like Jon gave you excellent service! I'll be watching this thread to see how the tank progresses. Take care.

- Geoff

Irene

Thanks Geoff, I'm just hoping things keep going as well as they have been but knowing this hobbie something is bound to go wrong sooner or later lol !!

Irene

Irene

Hi RJ, the tank is nice and quiet, at first I thought the hood cooling fans were noisy, but they have settled down now and they are fine, my tank is in the living room with the TV so any noise would bug me, there is a little noise when the TV is off but it's really just a hum, hope you enjoy setting up your tank as much as I have.

Irene

Irene, your tank looks great. I will be ordering mine in about 2 weeks.:dance: So for the most part tank is fairly quiet? :zzz:

Irene

Hi Kev, Really happy with the tank so far, I started a tank thread on UR as well in the I'm new section but not sure if I should have put it in members tanks or the Red Sea section and not sure how to move it.

Irene

I'll be watching this thread with interest. :)

Hi RJ, the tank is nice and quiet, at first I thought the hood cooling fans were noisy, but they have settled down now and they are fine, my tank is in the living room with the TV so any noise would bug me, there is a little noise when the TV is off but it's really just a hum, hope you enjoy setting up your tank as much as I have.

Irene

Thanks for the feedback Irene. I'm sure I will enjoy setting this tank up. I look forward to seeing all the new features this tank has to offer. I will be following your journey.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi Kev, Really happy with the tank so far, I started a tank thread on UR as well in the I'm new section but not sure if I should have put it in members tanks or the Red Sea section and not sure how to move it.

Irene

Hi Irene, if you wish me to move your UR thread drop me a PM I'll move it, but please keep your thread going here this is the best Max forum in the world!!

Irene

My thread over on UR has been moved Kevin, thanks anyway and you're right this is a fantastic forum, everyone is so helpful :).

Irene

Irene

Hi there,

So after the great advise on here I put 2 100 bags of cpe & 1 X 100 of Purigen in my media rack today, on the cpe instructions it said to put a thin piece of filter floss on top of each bag, I done this is that ok ? and the purigen is at the top of the rack it's floating a little ie: not sitting flat is that ok as well, sorry for the stupid questions. Oh, one more question, should I take the black filter sponges that came with the tank out or leave them.

Thanks

Irene

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Irene - most of the RSM 250 owners don't run the black course sponge filters and just run some of the fine white/blue filter material.

hope this helps :)

Irene

Thanks Glenn,
I have filter floss but it is only white it came in a sort of roll and you just cut what you want from it is that the stuff you mean ? Also do I put it in the media rack or where I took the sponges out from next to the pumps, sorry to be a bit of a dummie.

Thanks

Irene

Irene

Bump;

Can anyone answer this please, I'm about to take the sponges out and don't want to leave it empty in there if I'm going to do any harm that way.

Thanks

Irene

Thanks Glenn,
I have filter floss but it is only white it came in a sort of roll and you just cut what you want from it is that the stuff you mean ? Also do I put it in the media rack or where I took the sponges out from next to the pumps, sorry to be a bit of a dummie.

Thanks

Irene