input wanted final planning input wanted

mnreefman

final planning input wanted

well as im sitting here looking at my empty 210 sitting in the corner, im wondering which route to go. this is going to be a lps tank loaded to the gills with acans/blastos/frogspawns/torches/echinos/oxypora/mycedium/scolys/cynaria..... you get the picture... my lighting will consist of 250w de's... im thinkin ab's or xms... most likely in the 14-20k range. i have a mrc mr-2 skimmer... this will be for the most part a bb tank... just a fine layer of sand to cover up the glass in the front for anestetics (however you spell it)..
where i am having trouble is with my final decision. ocean motions or tunzes... im leaning twards the om but i would like any and all feedback as well as thoughts. the tank once again is the aga 210 with dual mega(1200 gph...) over flows

thanks in advance

Tarasco

The good thing about the OM's is that they reduce the amount of hardware in the tank. However, Tunzes with the controller are supposed to give you a lot of good random movement, with a whole lot of flow.

With the livestock you're planning, I don't know if you are going to need the amount of flow that the Tunzes push out. The OM would probably work fine, you just gotta deal with a little more plumbing.

mnreefman

Tarasco said:
The good thing about the OM's is that they reduce the amount of hardware in the tank. However, Tunzes with the controller are supposed to give you a lot of good random movement, with a whole lot of flow.

With the livestock you're planning, I don't know if you are going to need the amount of flow that the Tunzes push out. The OM would probably work fine, you just gotta deal with a little more plumbing.

and for that reason only i am considering the tunzes... i just hate the look of the equpiment in the tank.......

Forgot to mention the feeding function on the Tunze is great . Easy 15 minutes and automatically back on. I have Tunze plugged into my UPS and its low current draw makes me feel pretty confident if there is a power failure I'll at least have circulation till I get in a position to do something else.

Witfull

ive been talking to paul at OM and am lwaning to the 8way V2. for a 210 im getting with my tax refund.

bet i have it up and running before you do clint,,,hehe

mps9506

If you are worried about the "look", you can always get the Tunze "rock" to hide your stream in.
I honesetly think you'd be happy either way.
Maybe you should get both :D

Don't ever say I don't try to help :)

mnreefman

Witfull said:
ive been talking to paul at OM and am lwaning to the 8way V2. for a 210 im getting with my tax refund.

bet i have it up and running before you do clint,,,hehe
im betting you will too! lol me and the fiancee still hafta get a house to put this tank in b4 it gets set up... we actually just got back from the morgage broker got our selves a few $$$ to go out and spend...

mps i considered the tunze rocks but there will still be cords in the tank.... something i dont want.... arrrrgh decisions decisions

mnreefman

lol man thats alot of flow for lps... ill have frogspawns blowin all over the tank.... i wont have to worry bout poylp bail out.. theyll just get blown out

mnreefman

lol not you too... i had the sps bug.... but know im just gunna go with the species i posted earlier... maybe adda pm or a beenett of some sort but not to many