I'm a momma!!!

nijunet

Hi all,
Happy Thanksgiving!!! So, I just came home to my seahorse giving birth, had no idea he was even pregnant. I ended up catching a few in a net and the rest well let's just say happy thanksgiving to the others in the tank.:bugout: My question is, is there any chance of them surviving or is it a lost cause. They are right now in a net with some chaeto in it and already using their tales to hold on(the net is being held under water against the glass with a mag float). I have no brine shrimp eggs. I can purchase them tommorrow and have cyclopeeze in the meantime. They are so small, amazing!! Any help would be appreciated. I will try to post pics asap.
Thanks,
Nicole

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Nicole woohoo!! I know nothing about horsies sorry to say,hope the festivities dont sloww down responces best of luck to you . Steve

lcstorc

Please post some pics if you can. I also have ponies, but have never had babies. I have a pair now and am hoping.
From what I read the fry are really difficult to raise so best of luck to you.

nijunet

seahorse_baby3.jpg

seahorse_baby2.jpg

Last edited:

lcstorc

Precious! I so hope you have good luck with them.
What kind of seahorses BTW. I forgot to ask. LOL

nijunet

They are mustangs. I am going to go get brine shrimp eggs today and at least give it a try. They are really cute and tiny. I hope it works. I will try to get better pictures later. If anyone has any opinions on what to try. Please let me know.

XBwlr

"I am feeding baby brine shrimp, fortified with Selcon, as per the instructions of Seahorsefarms.

They also are eating the pods in the tank! They seem to enjoy those more than the brines!"

From "another" reef site.

sokimnod

Live Baby Brine is what is what I used! 3-5 times per day! Haven't lost one! Ended up with 16 babies! I think the tank mates got some of mine too! Good luck and congrats!