HELP! Ideas for upgrading red sea max 130 d lighting with led

Desmond

Hi I want to Upgrade my lighting eventually as now that i have setup my tank i can see i may have an issue with temperature.What led units can i used in the hood as i dont want the look of the tank to change. Options for on off with timer that is on it now is fine or for one that i can buy a controller for to have Sunrise to sunset.
Thanks in advance for any help.

IanReefer

I had a RSM130D a while back (I've upgraded since). I got the Steve's LEDs retrofit. I'd say it was more than twice as bright as the stock lighting, and I could grow everything I could find with no issues. I even had a little 3" maxima clam that was perfectly happly. The hood looked 100% stock. I'm pretty sure you can use the stock timer for on/off, but I used the typhoon controller they sell - made for some awesome sunrises and sunsets which is totally worth it.

I think they actually build those here in the USA and steves has good support too.

Ian

Desmond

I really dont want to remove the hood. I am going to go with the sunrise led lighting as it can be controlled from my phone and will fit inside the hood :)