ID this coral?

MrPex

Hiya,

I found this pic somewhere online a few weeks ago (maybe it was here?) and was wondering if anyone knew what it was...

Thanks!

Attachments

• Desktop Background.jpg
    Desktop Background.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 82

fivel

I have no idea but I am really in the mood for icing topped cinnamon rolls now... thanks a lot :p

lcstorc

The pictire is from Aquatic Auctions and is a Trikentrion Flabelliforme which is a type of sponge.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It is a zoanthid from the genus Parazoanthus growing on a sponge.

Here ya go
Aussie Tiger Sponge ~ Trikentrion Flabelliforme

It's offered for sale by one of our sponsors "Aquatic Auction"
Here is the thread it's listed in
http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...ususal-pieces-selling-tonight.html#post683223

and here is a couple of links to it on their site
Aquatic Auction - Auction Detail

or

Aquatic Auction - Auction Detail

and here's another picture of it
1-3375c.jpg

tatuvaaj

I just want to clarify that the sponge may very well be a Trikentrion sp. but the white growth is a zoanthid. Sponges do not have polyps ;)

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I just want to clarify that the sponge may very well be a Trikentrion sp. but the white growth is a zoanthid. Sponges do not have polyps ;)

tatuvaaj that's precisely why I included the links so the OP could read more about them.

Exert from one of the links above . . .
PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Aussie Tiger Sponge ~ Trikentrion Flabelliforme Yes those are Zoanthids.

tatuvaaj

Both the sponge and the zoanthid are difficult to keep in an aquarium. I would not recommend them as a first azooxanthellae animals.

MrPex

Personally, I was thinking more along the lines of candy...

Thanks for the info guys. Too bad it's rated as "difficult" for care on AA's site... I'd love to have a couple of these.