ID Please !

hma

Today I have to ask once for your assistance. I search the ID for the animal shown in the pictures below. At first only a polyp from approx. 2,5-3cm (o.9 - 1.2 " diameter) had formed. In the meantime, however after 5 months, these are 14 polyps to see how in the picture, they do not stand together. Because the animal "walks" also I suppose rather an anemone than one coral. The polyps do not grow further, are full-grown or adult animals. Disc anemones of this size are not known to me. They do appearance in possibly like Acanthastrea or very small Scolymnia.

P1090485.jpg

P1090481.jpg

hma

I have no idea, but they are pretty.

They have wonderful colours Lynn, deep dark green and purple. Unfortunately, my two pictures are very bad. I had to do them from the moved water surface. I am ashamed cnfzd:

hma

Have you tried feeding them. If so how do they react?

Hi Michael,

yes i have tried to feed them with zoo- and phytoplankton .... nothing react. I think the animal lives from zooxanthellen. This allows to think again rather on a coral as to treat as an anemone. I have put the request around ID also in Australia and Europe, am stretched very much on the answers.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
Looks like a species of Ricordea yuma. Not your typical photography quality though!:D See what happens when you're perfect, we expect it at all time!:LOL

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
they look like Rock/Flower anemones...very common down here in FL, the gulf of mexico, and carribbean...

tippMANn98

Has been struck by the ban stick
Epicystis crucifer-Rock Anemone, they come in a vast array of colors...many different sizes.. Normally they bury their foot in the sand, but occasionally attach to LR, passive anemone...needs to be fed meaty foods like all anems

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I think you hit the nail on the head Mike! With a better picture, I'll be that is what it is!

hma

hma

Coool Heinz! I've got some of these at the store, they are very nice!

Hi Drew,

thank you too ... They grow and double very fast. At least in my aquarium. 8 months ago it was only one, now these are already 14. Soon I can sell to you some LoL. :snshne: