ID Please - What's Brown and White and...

bluespotjawfish

I've seen this thing in my 50 gallon tank about 3 times now. It lives in the rock, extends at night, retracts quickly. The two other times I saw it, it was reaching into the sand and then retracted into the rock when I bothered it. This time it is in the middle of the rock. I have yet to see both ends, but it appears to be mobile.

As for size, you can see about a 1" length of him in the photo.

Attachments

• P1060103-HH.JPG
    P1060103-HH.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 111

ReefGuy69

they are fine. they basically just come out out night and eat whatever they can around them. They wont hurt anything. Its a good sign your reef is doing well.

Witfull

i dont think its a peanut worm. they are thick in body. first thought is..do you have goniopora? there is a worm that is specific to them, but may travel to other LPS. lemme look around. i had a critter similar. it defied description as well.

BarbMazz

Personally, I think it looks like a part of the main character in the movie "Cloverfield" that JFK Jr posted about! :alien:

Now we know how it got here!! From Lorraine's TANK!!! RUN, Lorraine, RUN!!!!

bluespotjawfish

Scott - Spotty is cool looking...this is just strange!

wit - no goniopora

michael - I thought that this would disappear with the first flash from the camera, but it didn't even flinch.

Barb - You are way over my head!

T - Right!

Royal - This thing has a pretty firm outer covering. Do peanut worms?

All I know is that my head hurts when I find new things in my tank!

dragonladylea

I would have to go with the Peanut worm ID as well, mine had the same coloration. If you can get a pic of its head it would help to positively Id it.

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
It is this Peant Worm ;)

Piotr Rotkiewicz's Photo Gallery :: Worms (Robaki)

worm01.thumb.jpg