ID Needed

Dweezil

Okay, I need to quit looking...but I found this "thing" growing in one of the little coves in my rock. Any ideas?

DSC_0343.jpg

Close up

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0344.jpg

tnwillia

That little guy may well turn into this. I've got them growing in/on/thru all my rocks. So far no one's told me thay were bad. Have fun!

DSC01534.jpg

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tammy - you better stop looking at the rock or you'll end up sitting in the corner eating mashed bananas with a plastic spoon, like David does :)

Dweezil

I was almost there before Eddie told me it was a sponge. I was definately getting a little freaked out. LOL. I might feel different if they were at least pretty to look at but cmon..it's just this white-ish clear-ish thing. Couldn't it be pretty blue or red or even orange? Not to mention that it just "magically" appeared.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Tammy - maybe a pretty sponge will show up eventually! All kinds and colors of sponges. When I saw my first one I was in the the ID forums asling what it was. To me a sponge was supposed to look like the yellowish natural type that I used to use to wash the car years ago LOL! I'm not even sure if they still sell the naturally harvested sponges?

David Shaw

Did someone mention a worm?

PS Last time the pic of the month was a mantis shrimp, so if they do March pic of the month as a worm i will be in the rubber room whimpering.