ID help please

Rekkie

Hi All,

Could anyone ID this.

DSC_7129.jpg

there seems to be a couple star shaped things growing on the rock.

Here is another picture with more on the coral, they seem to be growing off the side?

DSC_7243.jpg

Rekkie

Hi All

In the image below, the green plant has started growing very quickly in the past week. At this rate it would cover most of the rock in a few months. Is it ok to leave it?

DSC_7279.jpg

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Looks like Caulerpa racemosa very fast growing and should be removed as it can quickly overtake your tank !

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
+1 Cheeks, it is a fantastic addition for a fuge if you have one but a total annoyance in the display

Rekkie

Thanks Glenn and Robert.

I will get rid of it right away. Not sure if my wife will want it the freeser though.

Shamus

Not sure what the top one is, but the bottom one looks to me like sawtooth caulerpa. It's sometimes used as a macroalgae in refugiums, but can get out of control in the display tank (I had a caulerpa battle that seemed like it lasted forever!).

Rekkie

Thanks Steve I took another type of caulerpa out a few weeks back so best to take this out soon.

The red plant has grown fast.

tektite

Beautiful red macro! They're my weakness :)

Looks like it might be a type of Kallymenia with its spots. That or Halymenia. It's slick to the touch, isn't it?