ID help please

tnwillia

This apeared in my tank over the last couple of weeks and seems to be growing. It's about 1.5" across and only located in one place. I've not found anything that looks like it in my searches. Thanks for your help & recommendations!

DSC02189.jpg

DSC02191.jpg

tnwillia

Tried to scoop down under it based on Eddie's picture. I had a small rock under the sand so I'm guessing either I missed it or it's very fast and got away. I'll try again if it pops up in a place I can get under it. From my reading it looks like it's not a problem to my tank assuming it does not go wild multiplying. Great pictures Eddie they helped a lot. Thanks again to all for your help

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Good call Eddie! I was thinking spaghetti worms when I first saw the picture, but hadn't seen any with the red extensions before, so I was a bit stumped.

Frankie

RS STAFF
Hi Tom :)
So I am assuming the red filaments retracted when you tried to pull it up?
Great ID Eddie :thumbup:

tnwillia

Hey Frankie, yes it all withdrew as soon as I hit the sand just behind it. By Eddie's picture and the cross section of this on the sand I was expecting something big. I messed up the water with the sand scoop so I really don't know what happend once I got in the sand. Thanks!