Ice Dragon's 75 gallon tank

IceDragon

Hey I just wanted to say hi and let you all know about my current project

this will be my first salt tank ever. and i am trying to do it right the first time (yeah i know it is probably a statistical impossibility, but if it was easy why try it ).

where i am at in my project is waiting on some funds to become avalible to add another 60-70 lbs of LR

i am doing a fuge where i intend to grow some fine grape and feather calpernia(sp)

let me know what you all think :)

Curtswearing

Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!!!

Looks great to me. I've seen the Euroreef in action and that is one nice skimmer. I'm glad you are adding the extra live rock. That will put you in the proper range IMO.

Feel free to ask questions along the way.

(PS....if you want to have us move this thread into Reef Chronicles, let me know. That's a forum where people show their tanks as they are built and change over time).

ReefLady

Staff member
Welcome!

i am trying to do it right the first time (yeah i know it is probably a statistical impossibility, but if it was easy why try it ).

Recognizing potential difficulties is the biggest hurdle. Patience is the second biggest.

Please ask any and all questions. That's why we're here!

IceDragon

thanks reeflady ... at the moment finances are providing all the pacience i need ... and the 400$ of LR i want will take a while

IceDragon

hey craig nice to see you here :)

btw i will be posting some pics once i get my skimmer in and the sand is all settled

IceDragon

thanks for the welcom MNreef and nick

i was thinking about a pair of yellowhead jawfish and maybe a juvinile convict worm gobie to start

as far as corals i know i really want some Encrusting FrogSpawn or Hammer to start and them i was thinking maybee a couple brain corals

invert i was thinking about a pair of coral bandeds, scarlet hermits, baha snails, margaretta snails, bumblebee snails, Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, and definantly some sexy shrimp once i get the frogspawn going :)

my goal is to have 2 pure black perc clows hosted in a rose BTA and a few clamsand a psy manderine gobie (or a pair) but i know i will have to get a MH & VHO combohood for BTA and Clams and i am looking the mandrine in about 12-18 months(assuming i have average anphipod and copapod production)

let me know what you think

Craig Manoukian

Everything sounds good except the Coral Banded Shrimp as long as you add the livestock very slowly. Anything with claws I try to stay away from.

A tank at least a year old is recommended for an anemone. Add the anemone and let it get established for two or three months before adding the clowns. Black Percs are awesome!

BigReepher

I agree with Craig on the coral banded shrimp. Sounds like you have a nice tank planned out. I'm also in Louisville, setting up a 75, with a pair of black clowns in mind. Could be coincedence or the world is getting smaller. I want your skimmer BTW. :drooool:

IceDragon

well sandy's pet shop is waiting on UPS to deliver my skimmer

bruce up there can order them and it will run you 248 a pop

IceDragon

never meet nate but there is a meeting of LMAS (Louisville Marine Aquarium Society http://www.lmas.org) this sunday up at sandy's with a lecture on water testing and possibly scheduled matinence this sunday ... i am going ... might be a chance to meet some other reefer in the area

IceDragon

btw next month there are doing a workshop with free coral frags

One day seminar & workshop with Anthony Calfo and another speaker to be
announced.
Saturday, July 24 2004 All Day
One day seminar & workshop with Anthony Calfo and another speaker to be
announced.

To be held at Holiday Inn Lakeview.

Lunch included.

Coral workshop in the afternoon. (everyone will get to take home a frag)

Anthony will be bringing books to purchase & he will autograph them at
the conference.

Raffles also.

More details to follow.