Ian's Jumping In Feet First RSM 250

Well, this little dude came off the new piece of LR I put in the tank.
I couldn't identify him so I was wondering if anyone knows if he is good to go or headed for the bin.

snerl.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks nano, I got an ID from a buddy of mine. Nassarius snail... reef friendly.

On another note my old new chiller bit the big one. So now I have a new new chiller. I bought the Aquaeurousa 1/4 hp model. It is about twice the size of the old one but it is practically silent and I am much happier and have some piece of mind about the temps, which is now pegged at 80 degrees.

This tank is daily turning out to be less of a bargain. But I am still under the cost of a new RSM 250... so there!

Well, thanks to my daughter's eagle eyes we discovered a bristle worm in the tank.

I keep hearing conflicting opinions from people. The LFS says get it out but everything I read online says they are good for the cuc.
So which is it? Fun loving yet creepy looking denizen of the lower reaches of my tank or doomed for a short but swirly ride on the porcelain drainage flume?

Cross posting in the HH forum.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
common small bristleworms are good members of the cuc, they can get back in the rocks & crevices where even snails can't - don't overfeed & they won't grow to large or expand in population to an abundance :java:

So I wanted to post some update pics for the forum. Everything is coming along nicely and I will be adding some new livestock next week. Slowly!

FTS. Sorry for the dirty glass and you can really see the scratches. YECH!

532012FTS.jpg

acans1.jpg

acans2.jpg

abyss.jpg

crowded.jpg

dart.jpg

eagles.jpg

shrimpnzoas.jpg

torchnsnails.jpg

Maui

PREMIUM
Great pictures, great tank. Makes me even more excited to get mine ready for inhabitants....

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Oh man those red zoas by the gsp look awesome!

........wet floors add character.

Thanks gang!
Black, the tank was scratched when I got it. It looks like a previous owner took a Brillo pad to the glass to clean it. I would complain but it was so ridiculously cheap I really can't.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Plus it leaves an excuse to up size later. Good call.

........wet floors add character.

SHHHHHH dmatt!
My wife might start reading these forums...

I just got her to agree to upgrade my daughters nano to a 30 gallon! We will probably build out a diy refugium/sump rather than use an RSM or Bio3.

Now hopefully she doesn't catch on that I walk her by the 250 gallon tanks every time we visit the LFS.