How's it going, eh?

Heliox

Hello, a Canadian, living in North America's most livable city, Vancouver (that's what is said so on the news this morning!)

On my 4th set up, presently an RSM 130L (34 g). I had limited knowledge (and patience) in my first 3 Salt water aquariums from early 80s, early 90s and most recently a reef set up Biocube 29.

Age and time has tempered my impatience, but not my enthusiasm for aqua-hobby. I have had aquariums set ups for most of my life since this age of 12.

Heliox ,btw, is a mix of helium and oxygen which provides a less dense and less viscous gas in which to deliver oxygen. Used to make breathing easier for those who require help.
(It is a clue to my profession)

ReefLady

Staff member
Respiratory therapist?

:welcomera

Would love to see pics of your tank!

Quite a while ago, we made a quick stop in Vancouver (en route to an Alaskan cruise). It was a breathtaking city.

Heliox

Thank you for the welcome lcstorc, and you are correct reef lady. I am an RT. How did you know? Still not a well known profession.

And if you haven't been to Vancouver recently, you should plan to come back. I am looking past my aquarium across the city scape to the snowcapped mountains. The city has grown exponentially, all new and shiny.

will post some pics soon. Am a frustrated aquascaper, and never seems good enough.

Heliox

Neptunes ghost, not far off, scuba divers use heliox mixtures for deep dives.

Here is one of the pics I took this morning. Will attach more as I get to learn my new camera and this site.
You can see some of the mountain view in the background. LOVE this city (grew up here)

Attachments

• April 28 aquarium with background view1.JPG
    April 28 aquarium with background view1.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 36

echopiece

Welcome! Nice RSM setup you have there. Come check us out in the Red Sea Max Owners Club. Look forward to seeing the progression.

Sapphire

Welcome!

"frustrated aquascaper" - I like that!!!

Nice to ahve you on board - the RSM owners club here is a great place for specific RSM queries and photos etc. Lookign forward to seeing some more pics!

Heliox

Thanks all, and just found the RSM forum.
Sapphire, I am so a frustrated aquascaper, as it never seems to be the right combo. I just rearranged things again last night. Will have to stop changing it around now... must resist.

StirCrayzy

If it was ever "enough" i think this hobby itself would cease to grow !!
and id probably still be staring at my 10 gal tetra tank. LoL