how to upload pics to profile

1Reefer

OK so maybe I'm just an idiot but I've searching on here for over an hour trying to figure out how to upload or post pictures or video to my profile. This is driving me crazy as its 3:30 in the morning...anyway I am trying to upload directly from my phone/handheld/Droid. Any help would be greatly appreciate1d,thanks. Reefer1

1Reefer

OK so I'm using my phone and I'm not sure if I can upload this way. I have set up a Photobucket and uploaded pics to it. I just can't seem to ptransfer them over from the bucket to RS, thanks. Reefer1

1Reefer

Ok I can't figure it out or my handheld won't allow me to do it. Thank you for you help and the link to the other post. I'm kind of computer illiterate so I'm sure its just error on my part, I'll keep tryin to figure it out but if anybody else on here uploads photos from a droid please PLEASE help me out. Thanks, reefer1

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
once you get a pic loaded...

you can also right click on it & select properties... then add the address...

with this wrapped around it & it will work... I left off the start [ so you can see the syntax - img] ... [/img]

example

img]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u298/snowdogwgm/th_IMG_0919new.jpg[/img]

when you add the [ in front of the ablove line... a pic shows up

th_IMG_0919new.jpg

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
once more possibility... when you are brand new here... a RS admin, has to one time "set a switch" to allow links & to allow pics... I think... to stop bots. BigAl could do this or check on it... just saw you joined today...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I looked and looked and it's not the "SpamBot" issue. Maybe it's a PB vs Handheld issue?

1Reefer

Yeah there is a click icon that says uploads not alowd? Like in my edit profile or avatar section. Idk its late again so I'll try more tomorrow. Thanks for all the help (and the patience) its much appreciated. Reefer1

1Reefer

Ok so I think I've figured it out, but when I paste the url in my post it shows up as the actual url on not a pic? Even if I select the preveiw post option. Is this normal?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Does it have the code before and after the URL ?

Try one here and even if it doesn't show up I can look behind you and see what's happening.. maybe :)

1Reefer

Ok and one more question. I can't seem to find a way to reply other than "quick reply" and it won't let me paste a url there. I'm gonna make a new post (sorry) an try an insert a pic.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You can do it under quick post or click Post Reply right above it

2010-02-10154657.jpg

works for me :)

here the syntax ... just add a [ in the front

img]http://mob968.photobucket.com/albums/ae161/1reefer/2010-02-10154657.jpg[/img]

it's

Pretty tank ! Love the rock work ! :)

To post a bigger pic... when you upload the pic to photobucket... do this...

on the main screen ... right under "Upload Images & Videos"

there is a button "more options" click on this and you will see...

More Upload Options
Re-size my images to:Basic dimensions Upgrade to pro dimensions
Tiny ( 100 x 75 )
Small ( 160 x 120 )
Medium ( 320 x 240 )
Large ( 640 x 480 )
15" screen ( 800 x 600 )
17" screen ( 1024 x 768 )

Pick 15" screen or 17" screen