How many coralline have you got

How many coraline algaes do you have and what colors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Basile

I was going over my tank with some friends and i thought i had only 3 coralline algae in my tank, but no i have 5 different colors actually, how they got there , no idea.

I knew about my pink like everybody else thats the one we all get, and the my red one , its very dark redwine like color, and i had a purple rock at the beginning so the purple i knew i had.

But green? and Yellow , those two are very suttle , either because my urchins keep eating them or they just started, or they don't show that much, but i didn't even knew they came into these colors anyway. so i researched . Sure enough. A text i got from one of the source i red.

The colors of these algae are most typically pink, or some other shade of red, but other species can be purple, yellow, blue, white or gray-green.There are over 1600 described species of nongeniculate coralline algae

source;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coralline_alga

So what colors do you have how many different coralline algaes do you have in your tank, and do you know how it got there. Let us know. It be nice to find out if any of these other coralline have a specific ocean origin.​

Steve L

Pink, red, green and a little bit of yellow here in a 2 year old tank. The green tends to grow on the top of the glass nearest to the lights.

wscttwolfe

Green is one of the fastest growers for me, especially on what used to be dry rock. Pink, purple, red otherwise

sirrealism

I have all listed but blue. Never even seen blue coralline but with so many colors out there I would not be shocked. Really if someone has blue I would be happy to pay for shipping and a little something else just to have it.