How does your brand of salt stack up

dmyers557

I use reef crystals and I noticed the alkalinity level at 13 on that chart????? I dose 2 part, but dont have a test kit for alk. Should I be worried?

redsea reefer

I started with IO with good results and then moved on to Tropic Marin. I got Hair Algae and Cyano show up after second water change and got worse with every water change. My Coralline algae started dieing off and snails would not spawn or lay eggs anymore. Glad I only bought the 50g box. I got rid of the Tropic Marin and started Coralife. After about 3 or 4th WC, hair algae and Cyano went away, coralline started coming back strong and snails started spawning after a month or so. Never again will I use TM.

My LFS stopped carrying Coralife so my next salt will be either Reef Crystals or SeaChem Reef but leaning towards SeaChem...I will buy a bag of each and see how my tank responds, your eyes are the best test kit...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Eddie - if it helps... my lfs is a sales leader in a 4 state area... a really good lsf, they choose SeaChem Reef Salt for all thier tanks & the water they sell, I have been very happy with it...

Seachem. Reef Salt

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I just switched from RS Coral Pro to SeaChem Reef a couple weeks ago and after seeing those results I'm glad I did. The tank seems to be reacting well to the SeaChem.

I use seachem reef, and so does my buddy Ming on is his 200 gallon tank (pictured below)This is not a tank you just take a chance on salt. You pretty much know it has to work.

etontank-1.jpg

BigJay

I started with IO with good results and then moved on to Tropic Marin. I got Hair Algae and Cyano show up after second water change and got worse with every water change. My Coralline algae started dieing off and snails would not spawn or lay eggs anymore. Glad I only bought the 50g box. I got rid of the Tropic Marin and started Coralife. After about 3 or 4th WC, hair algae and Cyano went away, coralline started coming back strong and snails started spawning after a month or so. Never again will I use TM.

My LFS stopped carrying Coralife so my next salt will be either Reef Crystals or SeaChem Reef but leaning towards SeaChem...I will buy a bag of each and see how my tank responds, your eyes are the best test kit...

You are the first person who I've ever heard say a negative thing about tropic marin. Do you by chance have any of the mix left? I'd love to mix it and test it. I've been using it(TM Pro Reef) for a while and its hands down the best salt mix I've seen in the last 2 decades.

w00t

I use Seachem Reef but my last bucket tested very high calcium at over 600. I used instant ocean before that, and had no problems just wanted more calcium... but not that much! I did love the fast dissolving of IO though. I want to try the new Aquavitro Salinity.

redsea reefer

You are the first person who I've ever heard say a negative thing about tropic marin. Do you by chance have any of the mix left? I'd love to mix it and test it. I've been using it(TM Pro Reef) for a while and its hands down the best salt mix I've seen in the last 2 decades.

Trust me, I am not the only person that has experienced this. I don't know about TMPR but TM is the worst salt I've used and my tank even said so, now I don't if it was a bad batch or what but never again. There were many people on other sites that had the same problems as me when I went searching for my next salt brand. I threw away the box after 3rd water change so I dont have any, If I still had some it would have been all yours.

redsea reefer

I use Seachem Reef but my last bucket tested very high calcium at over 600. I used instant ocean before that, and had no problems just wanted more calcium... but not that much! I did love the fast dissolving of IO though. I want to try the new Aquavitro Salinity.

Thanks for the input, That is pretty high CA.

Mavjoy

I'm currently using D&D Ocean and really like it 'cause of the elevated MG. I still use my 2 part. Seachem Reef salt is good also.