How about a Big Tank forum

DrHank

Maybe for 180 gallons and up? The logo could be a shark driving a M1A1 Tank with the word BIG above it. We could talk about related items such as mixing replacement water in the bathtub. How many risers to have on your skimmer. Is a Dart to small, a Hammerhead too big? Dosing by the gallon. Stuff like that. Kind of a reverse Nano forum.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I could get into that. I am pushing 195 gallons in my current system. Soon to be larger. I am torn between a 240 or 300 for a display atm.

Octoman

I wouldn't qualify, but I do enjoy seeing the techniques used in larger systems. It would be nice to have them in one place.

zy112

I would think display. Sounds sweet; although my custom made 180 is not set up until I get a permanent place.

DrHank

Don't worry Sas, we'd let you in. I think that what I've learned since I moved up to a large tank is that we're often talking about different equipment, lighting,etc. The cost is up there but once the system is up and running it can be very smooth sailing.

boozeman

There is a 200+ club somewhere in here...I love talking about big tanks. Most of my time researching on various forums is spent on the larger tanks. (There are some really big ones out there)

DrHank

Thanks guys. Guess I'll have to get in there and bump it up. We can't let those nano folks get the upper hand. Heck, my fuge is the size of a nano.

cracker

I just finished a 30 gl water change on my 200. Once a week I roll a big trash can full of water thru the kitchen into the living room then back again. Made me think of this thread.

DrHank

Man, use a python it saves all the rolling. I come out of the tank drain down 3" into the kitchen sink then drop the pump into the trashcan and refill the tank. It's the only way to go.